oil filter 90 degree adapter

-

swifter

Reaction score
Ok so i ordered new gaskets for the adapter, i know what the big gasket is for and the steel fiber gasket is for under the head of the pass thru bolt but what is the big thick cork gasket for????? Thanks steve

From my memory, needs two small, one either sides of the thru bolt, and on big one that goes behind to block. MT

Don't understand--I know what the big one is for just asking what the big thick cork one is for????? can't go on either side of bolt that makes no sense-Thanks Steve

Might be a mistake? is it the same size as the other big one just thicker? If so maybe one or the other depending on application? MT

The thin small one goes on the bolt then the bolt passes through the adapter, then the thick small one goes on the part of the bolt that's sticking out. It seals the adapter to the block around the bolt.

Correct, it seals the adapter to the block, where the big bolt passes through. So as said above, slide the bolt trough the adapter, slide the cork gasket over the bolt and then bolt the adapter to the block.

-
Back