Oil filter adapter gaskets

-

dallas ward

Reaction score
Has anyone bought a oil filter adapter gasket from Napa,autozone or advanced auto and do u happen to have a part number

It would be 3 gaskets total

I am picking up engine today and builder is going to prime with oil before I take it but I need the adapter gaskets asap

Fellow member motopschyo used to sell these
He may not be able to get one to you today, but I bet he knows the part number

Nobody around here is going to have the mopar one.
I bought 1 from autozone about 5 years ago it had all the gaskets
But they can't find it
I believe it was a duralast gasket set

Sorta kinda would like to pick up engine today
When put engine in the first time I bought a gasket set from Napa ,autozone or advanced
These are the parts stores in my town
So I know 1 of these stores sold me a set

I recently reinstalled my 90 degree adapter and had some leaking issues. I called the local dealerships, they said no stock anywhere on the gasket kits. They "estimated" up to 6 months or longer to get one. Your best bet is mancini or summit. They sell them.

What I ended up doing was using the felpro 70522 on the block (make sure it clean on the block and there is no gasket material left there). I used lots of permatex gasket dressing on it. Let it get nice and sticky. It helps hold the gasket in place and seal it against the block. Then I used a copper crush washer under the bolt head. And reused the gasket between the bolt and block. I also held the adapter against the block and spun it around. You'll notice it tends to fit better at a certain angle. Generally where the filter is aimed slightly down towards the torsion bar. I used lots and lots of torque on the bolt and haven't had a problem since.

Mancini. Get 2 sets so you you don't have to wait. It's nice to have spare parts on hand

Superformance makes very good gaskets. If you ever use their Holley gaskets you'll never buy the blue junk from Holley again.

-
Back