oil filter adaptor for chrysler 318 in M body

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
i got a question for you guys, i have seen an oil filter adaptor that moves the oil filter to a different angle on the small blocks. i think i remember it being on the M body 318s years ago. i think mopar performance also used to have it in their catalog. i can score these easily at my local wrecking yard. any advantage to using this on my 67 cuda, ease of changing filter, header clearance etc. the MP part number is P5249624, and i believe this is the same as the one found stock on the M body, but i could be mistaken. The MP catalog says its ideal for header swaps. just wondering if this means it will work for header swaps into an A body.

LMK, id like to grab one before i cant find them anymore.

thanks
matt

Depends on the headers...and what oil filter you want to use...some headers need the adapter other dont..

also there are several different size oil filters available now..

Just figured if i.could grab one from wrecking yard now. living in little bitty abilene texas presents its parts finding challenges, id rather get it now, for $5 at my local salvage yard, while i can still get it local. Otherwise its travel to the metroplex 3 hours away to get one. Most of the stuff out here is trucks in the salvage yards. The older M bodys are drying up rather quickly around here. Anything else this adaptor can b found on stock vehicles in junkyard? Trucks, vans?

Thanks
Matt

When it comes to parts I always say grab them when they are available. It's better to have it on a shelf for a few years before you need it than to not be able to find one when you need it......

im running one in my early-a from an 87 vintage gran fury. that and a napa 1085/ wix 51085 i have miles of clearance. you can run a 1515, 1068, or a 1085. the difference is lengths.

-
Back