Oil filter adaptor gaskets?

-

imo350

Reaction score
Hello FABO friends,

This is my first SBM and I am curious about the adaptor that the oil filter screws into. There appeared to be two very worn gaskets on either side of this large bolt. One was under the head of the bolt and the other was on the inside up against this flat area. I have not been able to find such a gasket on websites such as Classic Industries and so I turning to my FABO friends for guidance.

Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated!
IMG_9146.jpg

IMG_9147.jpg

Outstanding and thanks for the quick reply although I see they are out of stock. Given that this is an adaptor kit, is this 90 deg adaptor necessary to run in an A Body with headers? It currently just has an oil filter screwed directly to the block like a SBC.

Thanks, Ian

It's pretty much needed to run headers or 340 HP manifolds. When you find a gasket set, replace the one that goes between the head of the big bolt and the adapter with a copper washer. I've done that for decades and haven't had a leak since I started doing that.

Most newer headers can run without the adapter, as long as your engine has the oil filter plate on it; but you may be limited to using the short filter.
1664227381378.png

The adapter was mostly for clearance with some exhaust manifolds, although it does help with filter access with some headers.

Most newer headers can run without the adapter, as long as your engine has the oil filter plate on it; but you may be limited to using the short filter.
View attachment 1715990878
The adapter was mostly for clearance with some exhaust manifolds, although it does help with filter access with some headers.
Thanks again Prof and I ordered the set from Detroit Muscle.

My headers are a set from the 80's that I got from a buddy and he thinks they were Doug Thorley's, but not sure. I will mock things up and see how it works, but likely will just use the 90deg adaptor and roll.

It's pretty much needed to run headers or 340 HP manifolds. When you find a gasket set, replace the one that goes between the head of the big bolt and the adapter with a copper washer. I've done that for decades and haven't had a leak since I started doing that.
Thanks JD Mopar and I just ordered a kit from Detroit Muscle Tech. per the link from Professor Fate.

Thanks JD Mopar and I just ordered a kit from Detroit Muscle Tech. per the link from Professor Fate.
Mancini sells them also , thats where I purchased mine. If you can run a short filter like when using TTI headers the Wix filter p/n is 51085

Mancini sells them also , thats where I purchased mine. If you can run a short filter like when using TTI headers the Wix filter p/n is 51085
Thanks for that info and fingers crossed as it seems like just one more place to develop a leak.

-
Back