Oil filter position?

-

MoparFan

Reaction score
Is that the good position for the oil filter if I want to install, not too expensive, headers (headman, hookers)...
oil_filter_sm.jpg

Mopar Fan
Looks good to me. If you have to change the angle, just loosen the centre bolt and swivle the unit. The only prob with that is you will probably have to install a new gasket. Also when installing headers it might make the job easier if you take off the adopter, then install a new gasket, after you get it all together. Be carefull they are finnicky on leaking. It will be harder to reinstall after the headers are on. On my gasket I put a skin coat of blue RTV on both sides before i put on the new gasket. I think the torque value for the centre bolt is 12-15 foot lbs. Good luck,I hope this helps.

Dave C.

Like Barricudadave stated looks about right. For added info: Standby for a little more mess while doing oil changes. Oil will spill on your headers. I picked up a oil filter relocation kit. Pros- easier to change and a lot cleaner. Cons- more oil, harder on pump?

I also run a relocation kit with dual filters next to where the alternator indent is in the fender on pass side. I see the extra oil as a good thing, as in it can stay in the system but out of the motor and get a little cooler, before heading back in, seems the best time to add a oil cooler seeing as your already out of the block. And I also run an oil pressure gauge on the end of the filter block for pressure stats under the hood.

They range in price and mounting types. I put my kit together for about $50. And the filter mount is available for single or double.

car 18 062404.jpg

NO dont use blue GOO,that stuff could squish out in the oil passage and cause problems,very clean and dry,(not wipe it off with oily rag but clean and
dry) with new gasket and it will be fine.Good position by the way.Mopar owners ,dont go thew the extra expense of that blue RTV or any color for that matter.OEM gray is way better only if YA know how to use it.But no glue @ oil passages!

-
Back