Oil light on dash.

-

bbizelli

Reaction score
Hey guys, i think im posting in the right section lol. Anyways i just put a double pumper carb on my duster (if this makes a difference) And i took it around the block and now the red oil light on the dash is coming on. I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge in my car and it read 80 when started and 40 to 60ish when driving depending on how much i was into the throttle. This is the first time ive seen this light on on the dash its right next to the brake light. What does this mean? Thanks.

It means the wire for the sender got moved when you changed the carb.

The wire probably isn't hooked to anything now that you have a mechanical gauge (unless you have a "T" fitting at the port and are running both.

Dig around on the firewall and look for a dangling wire. Insulate the wire end.

So its nothing to worry about? I think i may have a loose or bad ground somewhere because sometimes the red light that indicates high beams come on with highs and sometimes it doesnt. And sometimes the spedo light comes on and sometimes it doesnt. Is there anything certain i should look into for that?

So its nothing to worry about? I think i may have a loose or bad ground somewhere because sometimes the red light that indicates high beams come on with highs and sometimes it doesnt. And sometimes the spedo light comes on and sometimes it doesnt. Is there anything certain i should look into for that?

Sounds like your gauge cluster isn't grounded very well.

Find the wire for the oil warning lamp and make sure its not grounded to anything. The other problems are most likely those bulbs/sockets in the back of the inst' panel.
You didn't say what car this is.

Yeah makes sense when i put my mechanical gauge on i just got let the wire hang. And its a 72 duster. Where do the gauge cluster ground at on the cluster?

Instrument panel is chassis grounded via the hardware that mounts it in the dash.
Without ground the entire panel would fail not just a bulb or 2

-
Back