Oil pan clearance issue?

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
I have my 75 360 all mounted inside my 66 barracuda. I used the Shumacher Engine mounts, and already had (I think) the dropped Centerlink in my car. I am running a 360 Center sump oil pan as reccomended.

I am having problems with the centerlink Hitting the oilpan on the left side especially. It is rubbing a bit on Both sides, But the left side has a considerable dent, where as the right side only has scraped off some paint.

I did switch over to SBP Disc Brakes shortly before I did the conversion. I did not notice any problems with the setup when the slant was still in (With the new spindles Etc.)

Any suggestions as to what the problem could be? Something worn /sagging?

Anyone have the measurments for the amount of Drop in the v8 link so I can confirm I have the right one?

On the trans mount front, I assume, (But dont Know) 904 mounts are the same for slant vs V8?

I also am assuming when the transmission shot pulled rebuilt, and reinstalled my tranny they would puit in a new mount, but who knows. What is the best way to determine if the mount is still any good?

My draglink drops about 1 1/2 inch.If you have it on backwards it will hit when you turn the wheels.It will hit one side pretty good.
Jim

The drop on the passenger side will be more of a drop.The drivers side is more flat,the drop on this side is more tappered.
Sounds like you may have it on backwards.I have done this myself and it hits the oil pan as you describe.
Jim

I have a spare with idler arm if you care to compare?
Leo 255-3160

Turns out I am an IDIOT! My mechanic discovered that I had not Tightend my motor mounts to the block tight enough, causing them to come loose. this caused my motor so sink down an inch or so. Lifting the motor, and retightening the bolts, along with a new idler arm, seems to have corrected all the geometry.

DUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

-
Back