Oil Pan Clearance

-

Sanguine

Reaction score
I asked this question in another post of a different subject, but id like to get more feedback, maybe from someone that knows first hand...
Have a 340 in a '75 Duster and bought a new moroso 8qt pan cheap...
I measured its depth and its only about 2.5" deeper than stock pan...
Am I going to regret installing this ground clearance wise?
Does it interfere with the mopar performance headers(which are crap by the way...DONT BUY 'EM!)?
Is it going to hang any lower than the headers?

2-1/2" is quite a bit to loose but on my Cuda the hooker headers hang down much lower than 2-1/2 past the stock oil pan so I could go 2-1/2 inches deeper on the oil pan with no problem. How low do your Mopar perf. headers hang? Also what style is the pan you have? Is it the style that has the sides kicked out. If so I've heard nightmare stories from every guy that had one trying to get the engine in with it on. It hits the K frame. Some guys notch the K frame and others put the engine in and then install the pan which isn't fun at all.

It doesnt kick out like the milodon pans...it looks like a stock pan with some depth added to it...

I had a modified stock oil pan that had a two inch or so extension welded on it in my 69 barracuda and it extended below the K-frame. After crunching the oil pan several times. I took it off. I could take it on and off just by dropping the center link.
Rod

i have one of those, if your car is low in the front you will hate it, otherways on a "tall" car its not a problem at all havent hit the ground with it in 3 years but its nervwrecking to drive on bad roads noving that it hangs low

-
Back