Oil Pan Gasket?

-

scud

Reaction score
What do you guys use on your oil pan gaskets? #2 gasket sealer? Silicon? I dropped my pan over the weekend to put in a windage tray, got a nice Milodon pan gasket, and want to make sure I get a nice leak free seal.
Thanks.

when i did mine i put high-tack to hold the gasket on the pan then put a little ultra grey or black where the ends meet the rails.

DIRKO-S PROFI PRESS SEALING COMPOUND HT

PERMANENTLY ELASTIC, THERMO-STABLE SEALING COMPOUND (BLACK)

-50 DEGREES CENTIGRADE TO +250 DEGREES CENTIGRADE

EXACTLY APPLICABLE.

IDEAL FOR ASSEMBLIES SUCH AS ENGINE CASTINGS, GEARBOXES AND COVER PLATES AS WELL AS MAKING A WATER TIGHT SEAL FOR THE ASSEMBLY OF HEADLIGHTS AND NEAR LIGHTS. TEMPERATURE STABILITY FROM -50 TO +250 (UP TO +300 FOR SHORT PERIODS OF TIME) DEGREES CENTIGRADE

VERY GOOD ADHESION TO COMPONENTS AND PLASTICS. THANKS TO ITS NEUTRAL CURING SYSTEM, IT DOES NOT CORRODE LIGHT-METAL ENGINES

2244.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions do you guys usually put silicon on between the gasket and block or just between the pan and gasket? I only ask because last time around (about 9 years ago) I used number 2 sealer on both sides of a cork gasket and I had to basically chisel the pan off this time, it was really on there and a pain to get off.

-
Back