Oil pan seal?

-

joedart

Reaction score
I orderd a complete engine gasket kit from fel-pro for a 77 360 4brl and the rear pan seal is to large. I thought maybe it was mispackaged so I went to the parts store told them year and engine type for a mopar they had a pan kit there got home sized it up and it's still bigger then the one I pulled off. Is there two different sizes? It is a 77 360 with center sump stock pan its no other small block can read casting #'s perfectly.

Did you check the oil pan seal against the the rear main cap or the pan? You may have a 318/340 pan and that won't bolt up to the 360 block.

The 360 only has one rear pan seal size. Although not likely but it is possible that both kits were mis-packaged. When I have purchased full gasket sets in the past they came with both the 318/340 and 360 rear pan seals.

Chuck

Did you check the oil pan seal against the the rear main cap or the pan? You may have a 318/340 pan and that won't bolt up to the 360 block.
I checked against both and it was about half-inch to big or would you say longer if straightened out. I rebuilt this engine 13 years ago and ran it in my dart until a year ago. I just thought I would freshen it up. All I have left to do is bolt the oil pan up. Motor was pulled out of my grandma's 77 diplomat that she bought brand new in 77 so the engine has no mismatched parts.

The 360 only has one rear pan seal size. Although not likely but it is possible that both kits were mis-packaged. When I have purchased full gasket sets in the past they came with both the 318/340 and 360 rear pan seals.

Chuck
Yes, exactly all the kits I have purchased in the past have had both also I don't know if this is just some cazy flook or what.

-
Back