oil pan

-

Reaction score
Hi guys, a new member here, I've had a 69 GTS 383 4 speed for the past 25 years, thought I would finally sign up. Need some help... when I bought my car the oil pan was damaged but useable it was running fine until I had to replace my oil pump now I have no oil pressure when it first starts. So, I have to prime it before I start it. After I prime it, I have great oil pressure. I am going to remove the oil pan to check the pickup screen. Will an early C-body 72-74 oil pan fit with the pickup or should I fix the one I have?

Just saying "Hi" and "Welcome to FABO". You're going to have fun here!

Welcome! I am no BB/Abody expert, but I seem to recall that pan being special. I would fix the one you have as it is probably easier than finding a replacement. And one heck of a lot less $$.

Welcome! I am no BB/Abody expert, but I seem to recall that pan being special. I would fix the one you have as it is probably easier than finding a replacement. And one heck of a lot less $$.

Yes, they are special. The pan(s) you want are either "699" or "182" stamped into it, I believe. They also have a specialized pickup as well.

........Welcome to FABO..............u either need another pump ,by pass is sticking, or an O ring is missing.......kim.........

The pan you're looking for has 893 stamped into the bottom of the pan. It is the same pan used on 67-69 original big block a bodies. If you have that pan I would suggest fixing it it is very pricey. The pan originally has baffels welded into it and a special oil pickup. Possibly your oil pickup has been shifted or moved from the damage. The "699" or "183" I think from a C body will work but might have to be modified slightly to account for the steering linkage.

Carl

-
Back