Oil Pressure sender leaks

-

Robbie2734

Lambcharger
Reaction score
I'm on my third oil pressure sender, they seem to last a few thousand miles and then start to leak. Does anyone know of a bullet proof sender??? Newly rebuilt 360 roller with a Melling standard pump. Cold oil pressure is 72 lbs at idle and 28 lbs when hot. I broke it in on regular break in oil with no problems, no other leaks at all. I'm running full synthetic 10/30 right now. There must be a decent pressure sender available somewhere??

Get a proper sender socket.

The standard sockets crush the sides of the sender.

I like older NOS NAPA/Echlin, Standard Ignition, ACDelco and Chrysler of course.

I like older NOS NAPA/Echlin, Standard Ignition, ACDelco and Chrysler of course.
I had that issue. Each time I went with a different brand. Been 20 plus years on the one in it now. What brand? I forget> lol
I'm thinking Echlin but not sure. Other responses are good too.

I have some older NOS/NORS ones. Have had the plastic top of a new one blow off, not fun at all.

The last one came from Napa. I'll see if the Dodge dealer has one. They seem to be clueless when asked about older car parts. Good suggestion !

Yep. These kids, all they want to know is "What Liter Engine" is it.
Frustrating.

The last one came from Napa. I'll see if the Dodge dealer has one. They seem to be clueless when asked about older car parts. Good suggestion !
I said NOS. Not current stock. If it's not around 20 years old or older, it's probably made in China.

Easy to check. Just use your multi-meter to check resistance from the sender body to the engine block.

The thing I see is that you are running full synthetic oil. In my experience, full synthetic oil will show you where the oil is going to leak everytime. We ran 10w40 full synthetic oil as an experiment on a newly machined and built engine. It had more leaks than a pasta strainer, we took it back down, cleaned and flushed the engine and ran a conventional 10w40 oil and it didn't leak a drop.

The thing I see is that you are running full synthetic oil. In my experience, full synthetic oil will show you where the oil is going to leak everytime. We ran 10w40 full synthetic oil as an experiment on a newly machined and built engine. It had more leaks than a pasta strainer, we took it back down, cleaned and flushed the engine and ran a conventional 10w40 oil and it didn't leak a drop.
Not true at all about synthetic oil -

-
Back