Oil Pressure Sending Unit ...

-

dartman59

Reaction score
I'm installing an AutoGage 0-100 psi oil pressure gauge, electrical sending unit. Instead of the sending unit that came with the gauge, I want to use the Mopar Part No. 53030493 dual sending unit that controls both a gauge and an idiot light. I have the resistance curve for the Mopar dual gauge unit, but I'm not sure if it is the same calibration as the AutoGage sending unit. That is, I want to make sure that a pressure that reads 50 psi from the Mopar sending unit will also read 50 psi when the AutoGage sending unit is used. I know how to check using a pressure tank and fitting, but I don't have that available! Thanks in advance guys (and gals).

I don't know a thing about autogage. Only way to know is jig it up and test it. It's possible that its not even "in the same direction" IE might be less resistance going up in pressure, or opposite. It might be so far off it cannot be corrected.

Do you mean AutoMeter? If this is the standard AutoMeter 0-100psi sender, it is very far off from the Mopar part. SOL

You are correct, Sir. It is Auto Meter. And I emailed them with the question, and their response was that their sender and the Mopar sender are very different. Oh well! I'll do it a different way. Thanks all!

Why would you not use a t-fitting and use the sender that came with the gauge and the original sender for the light? Assuming there is room.

A tee fitting is exactly what I have wound up doing. There was barely enough room but it fit in there and doesn't look too bad. Instead of both sticking out to the sides, I have a 4" nipple into the block, then the tee, oriented so that the large Auto Meter gauge is sticking out to the side and the much smaller original idiot light sending unit stick straight up. Hey--it works!

-
Back