Oil pressure sensor Location?

-

RobbAdams

Reaction score
OK Dumb Question I know, but I dont see one anywhere on my block!

75 360 Where does it go? I bought a mechanical guage (Autometer) and I was curious if I am going to need an adapter for the threaded fitting that is on there.

I know that the sending unit is near the oil filter on the Slant in the car now, but I cant see one on the block on the engine stand?

Aslo going to be running a mechanical Water temp sensor, I assume it should be installed in the area on my manifold that currently has a cap on it near the heater hose mounting location?

IMAGE_031.jpg

look to the rear of the block to the left of your distributor, you should see a hole treaded for your sending unit.

look to the rear of the block to the left of your distributor, you should see a hole treaded for your sending unit.

yup thats exactly where it is..DONT use the CRAP nylon(or whatever it is) hose that comes with the kit. mine broke off last night and proceeded to empty every bit of oil the engine had inside the engine bay B4 i figured out wtf was going on..hopefully nothing was done as far as permanent damage if so the Dart is DONE cause I cant afford a engine rebuild. Im thinking of going a diffeent route(electric) I just dont know what the heck to do..what a mess.

What im thinking of doing now is taking out the line/unit and plugging it up filling it up with oil and seeing if any damage was done(see if it runs) and or burn off all that oil ive not wiped up..anyone know what size thing(plug?) id need to put in seal up that oil sending unit hole? or if I go explain what i want to do would they know at the place( a autozone or westernauto or the like)?

-
Back