oil sender threads

-

twotone68

lifetime mopar man
Reaction score
I have a very annoying oil leak and am looking for ideas !! The threads for the brass fitting going in to the pressure line keep leaking. changed the fitting twice, changed the ferral for the copper tubing twice, snugged both repeated times. The motor is my 75 ,318 . The threads them selves are fine and have never been stripped. Tired of this leak !!!!

either a pertroleum safe thread dope (gasoila) or teflon tape on the threads. you have to be careful with both and not get them inside the fitting. they will clock up the line or even worse get up into the gauge and then your screwed.

Are you absolutely sure it's the sender, and not the intake gasket or no O ring in the distributor?

thanks for all the ideas and input. I'm useing an autometer guage and copper oil tubing. I installed a new line kit today and left 3 coils in the line above the fitting for vibration dampening, then attached the line furthur down with zip ties to the fire wall before going through a grommet through the firewall then to the gauge. So far no leaks !! Keep every one posted. Thanks again!!

i always use steel braided hose and AN fittings for oil pressure gauges

-
Back