oiling hack

-

3404spdfish

Reaction score
I was watching a you tube video and if you drill a tine hole in the lifter bore galley plug (only one) and the same little hole in the cam plate will improve oiling the the timing chain. is this true or just a waste of time

I was watching a you tube video and if you drill a tine hole in the lifter bore galley plug (only one) and the same little hole in the cam plate will improve oiling the the timing chain. is this true or just a waste of time

I don’t build a SBM without that hole.

The bolt with the hole doesn’t work. The drip tray is a joke.

I drill and tap the cam retaining plate for 10-32 thread and drill an .040 hole in a brass Holley air bleed (you can buy them pre drilled but I just buy blanks because I use a lot of them with various sized holes in them) and I screw it in from the backside of the plate and I locktite it in there.

Now there is pressurized oil going to the TC&G instead of oil blowing around inside the engine.

I did it on my stroker. Figured even if it doesn’t help a lot, it can’t hurt anything.

I dont remember how my cam plate was, but I did drill a hole through one of the bolts for bit extra oiling. I really don't remember that well, I think it was in my rebuild manual.

-
Back