ok answer me this

-

silver fox

Reaction score
replaced the old coil with a blaster 3 that will match the 7 msd installed new coil cleaned the point's on the rec in dis.rusty older dis got great spark started ran great fast forward a month or so sun came out tried to start no spark had worked under dash on radio can't see that having anything to do with spark?
would cold temp's effect coil the battery was full charge any idea
idea's newbee here

OK, if it were me I would hook a voltmeter to the + side of the coil and watch voltage while you try to start it. Or if you do not have a voltmeter that a test light, it should glow while trying to start it however it could be dimmer that just having it hooked to the battery because the voltage will be lower.

idea's newbee here

No. but time will affect grounds real easy.
Check to make sure your ignition box is grounded good (Not just screwed down)
If you test for power at the coil positive with the ignition on and get power there, then it very well could be bad ground contacts.

If need be, you can run a wire from the battery positive to the coil positive temporarily just to see if runs, and then go from there.

replaced the old coil with a blaster 3 that will match the 7 msd installed new coil cleaned the point's on the rec in dis.rusty older dis got great spark started ran great fast forward a month or so sun came out tried to start no spark had worked under dash on radio can't see that having anything to do with spark?
idea's newbee here

I have no dammed idea what you tried to say, here

You are using an MSD 7 box? is that right?

With a breaker point???? distributor????

Go to the MSD site. Download the destructions. There are troubleshooting tips right in "the book"

-
Back