Ok, dog gone stereo

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I like the stereo in my car to be connected to constant power so I can have it on with nothing else needing to be turned on, and since I have always preferred mine connected this way I never forget to turn it off.
BUT, of course since I like it this way and always have, there is a problem doing it that way now.
When it's real humid out (like during or after a rain) it likes to come on by itself, and when it does it will run the battery down if I don't notice it.

Ok, so I gave in and connected it to keyed power only leaving the memory connection constant until I can replace it.

Dammit. :D
Just a little Friday morning rant.

maybe place a dessicant near it like a bag of rice in pantyhose..

I like the stereo in my car to be connected to constant power so I can have it on with nothing else needing to be turned on, and since I have always preferred mine connected this way I never forget to turn it off.
BUT, of course since I like it this way and always have, there is a problem doing it that way now.
When it's real humid out (like during or after a rain) it likes to come on by itself, and when it does it will run the battery down if I don't notice it.

Ok, so I gave in and connected it to keyed power only leaving the memory connection constant until I can replace it.

Dammit. :D
Just a little Friday morning rant.
Asian voodoo dude been in your car... ya ya - Mr.Sumtingwong

Asian voodoo dude been in your car... ya ya - Mr.Sumtingwong

It just kinda pisses me off, because it is a good strong unit with the aux inputs I want.
I can't complain too much I guess, because I only paid 20 bucks for it. :D

It just kinda pisses me off, because it is a good strong unit with the aux inputs I want.
I can't complain too much I guess, because I only paid 20 bucks for it. :D
ah so (<~ huh huh!!? :lol:) - you're paying the price for being so frugal...

ah so (<~ huh huh!!? :lol:) - you're paying the price for being so frugal...

One could think that, but I bought a brand new stereo for the Wife's 72 Dart that died within the first year and my 20 buck stereo lasted three. (Still works fine, but comes on by itself)

as long as it's not like Christine.................

Ha, I have that song in my collection. :D
My car is Christine's evil Cousin Christopher.

latest.jpg

Just wire it through the cig lighter lol. Push cig lighter in to complete ground to unit and then when you dont want it on pull the cig lighter out

:thumbsup:

:D
I'll get a different one thanks.

I wasn't being campy, thats how I have controlled moisture issues overseas for iridium phones, Ipods, etc. I just leave them in a cardboard box with crumpled newspaper and dry rice in a sock liner/panty hose.
I'm willing to bet if you pull the unit, leave it in a gallon ziploc for a few days with dry rice, then spray it out with corrosionX, it will function as new.
I have used corrosionx on electronics overseas as well. Wrist garmins, optics, NODs, comms, etc. Stuff works great.

Amazon.com: Corrosion Technologies 91002 CorrosionX 16 oz. trigger spray: Automotive

I've simply mounted a simple HD mechanical switch on the lower dash to turn on the underseat Amp. and rearseat Sub.

I wasn't being campy, thats how I have controlled moisture issues overseas for iridium phones, Ipods, etc. I just leave them in a cardboard box with crumpled newspaper and dry rice in a sock liner/panty hose.
I'm willing to bet if you pull the unit, leave it in a gallon ziploc for a few days with dry rice, then spray it out with corrosionX, it will function as new.
I have used corrosionx on electronics overseas as well. Wrist garmins, optics, NODs, comms, etc. Stuff works great.

Amazon.com: Corrosion Technologies 91002 CorrosionX 16 oz. trigger spray: Automotive

Oh I know there are solutions that would allow mw to keep the one I have, but I don't want to have to do maintenance on it just to have a working stereo the way I want it.
I have a few choices of different units, but thanks for the info.

I've simply mounted a simple HD mechanical switch on the lower dash to turn on the underseat Amp. and rearseat Sub.

I thought about this also, but just couldn't bring myself to add a switch to the mix.

wait, a MOPAR guy that doesn't try to save every single last part and pinch every possible penny?

you are just going to give up on all that money you have invested in that stereo?

wait, a MOPAR guy that doesn't try to save every single last part and pinch every possible penny?

you are just going to give up on all that money you have invested in that stereo?
You are going to give us penny pinching Mopar guys a bad rep! :poke:
  • :thumbsup:

Whats wrong with having it have power only when the key is turned to on or acc positions?

BTW i save everything too. I'm not cheap, i'm smart and thrifty.

Last edited:
-
Back