Ok Frankie, time for some bass guitar talk...

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Or anyone else who likes the boom! (or thump...)

P-J fat head Squier. I stripped it down to the bone and made my own one off fade paint job. There's actually a candy blue under the edges but the camera don't pick it up. Local shop cut out room for preamp and battery box on the rear. Relocated plug to the edge and put Fender's football on it, dressed the frets and put a new nut in. Badass Bridge, 3 Band Pre Amp, swapped to Fender Classic pickups, XL flatwounds.

View attachment pbass1.jpg

View attachment pbass4.jpg

View attachment pbass7.jpg

View attachment pbass8.jpg

View attachment pbass9.jpg

View attachment pbass12.jpg

That tone baby! That tone! :rock:

Bass Tournament

[ame]http://youtu.be/7y4g7W6zKos[/ame]

I mainly play guitar , but I have an esp (not ltd )
J4 bass . A lot like a jazz bass thin neck . I love it easy to play with the right amp it thumps.
I don't know much about bass pickups ?
All my guitars have different pickups one active the rest passive.
Emg, Seymour Duncan , and dimarzios .
I have an old fender bassman amp , but it's been modded , effects loop ,
And master volume with more gain .

I mainly play guitar , but I have an esp (not ltd )
J4 bass . A lot like a jazz bass thin neck . I love it easy to play with the right amp it thumps.
I don't know much about bass pickups ?
All my guitars have different pickups one active the rest passive.
Emg, Seymour Duncan , and dimarzios .
I have an old fender bassman amp , but it's been modded , effects loop ,
And master volume with more gain .
I got a Bassman as well. Bought it at a garage sale but it doesn't work properly. Gonna put it in the shop, hopefully they can bring it back to life.

Nice work, M/T. There's a way ,to relax off work.

Yup! I've been known to lay down on the bed and play until I fall asleep. Da wife said once she saw me fall asleep and kept the pace for about 30 seconds after I was out! That's hilarious. Wish she would have video recorded it.

What bassman do you have !
Silver face ? Or black face ?
I'm not sure what year they changed ?
The funny thing is they don't work as we'll for bass as they do guitar .
Marshall basically copied the circuit.

Or anyone else who likes the boom! (or thump...)

P-J fat head Squier. I stripped it down to the bone and made my own one off fade paint job. There's actually a candy blue under the edges but the camera don't pick it up. Local shop cut out room for preamp and battery box on the rear. Relocated plug to the edge and put Fender's football on it, dressed the frets and put a new nut in. Badass Bridge, 3 Band Pre Amp, swapped to Fender Classic pickups, XL flatwounds.

That tone baby! That tone! :rock:

Well, I'm certainly impressed.

I have a couple of active basses, but lately I find myself favoring the passive sound, again. But I ave always had a weak spot for home grown Frankenstein basses, and that is certainly what you've come up with.

Starting with a Squier bass is an excellent mule, too. Squiers are actually pretty decent basses for the money, and, I have to tall you that I have a Frankensteined Squier (Cort) 5 string, that I absolutely love, and when some other bassists here it on a recording, or even live, they love it's tone. In fact I've never heard a bad word about it's tone quality. But, when I tell them it's a Squire, made by Cort, their noses go up in the air.
Isn't quality of sound and playability what make a good bass, any more?

Lately my go to bass is a Mexican Fender P/J, maple J neck, and passive P and J pickups. The only thing I did was up grade to a set of pick ups I removed from a badly damaged American P/J. It also has a BAII bridge. I love the tone and playability of it.
It's another Frankenstein, and I love the damned thing.

It sounds like your collection is growing...

WHat about the EB? Are you closing in on it, yet?

Bass Tournament....

Kuda... The Bass Pro Shop Store and national distribution center, is here in Macon, and they built it in a new Shopping Center of of "Bass Rd" ( the road existed for a few decades before the pro shop arrived in town).

I regularly, and quite purposely pronounce it like the guitar, instead of the fish, and for some reason that seems to piss off a good number of rednecks, lol

-
Back