Ok, how long have you had your Mopar

-

dartcuda

Mopar Or No Car
Reaction score
Just sitting here wondering ho long people keep their cars. I have had my 66 Dart for 12 years now. And my 65 Cuda for 8 1/2 years. I also have had a 65 Dart convertible for 4 years, but haven't done anything to it yet. This is the longest I have ever keep a car. The longest before that was my 68 Charger R/T which I keep for 7 years. And now wish I still had it. so let's hear your stories.

My current MOPAR, 1973 Dart Sport, I have owned for 2 years. The longest one I have owned was my 1973 Duster race car, 15-years. I have always owned a performance mopar of some kind for 30-years!

I have owned my 1969 Fomula S 383 car since 1975 it has been a race car for about 20 years or so. I plan on putting it back to original form before I can no longer work on it. 31 years someone had one any longer? Keep up the good work Doug

I bought my '64 Barracuda in April, 1974, my first car. Do I win a prize? It hasn't been running for most of that time, but I still have it. The 1974 title looks fake, almost like a photo-copy!

:burnout:

[QUOTE='64 Cuda]I bought my '64 Barracuda in April, 1974, my first car. Do I win a prize? It hasn't been running for most of that time, but I still have it. The 1974 title looks fake, almost like a photo-copy!

:burnout:[/QUOTE]
That's a long time to have one that isn't on the road. I sure hope I don't go that long before I get to start on my 65 Dart..Plus i am not getting any younger, so maybe I should think about getting it going....lol

The '72 340 Duster that I have was purchased by me at the Manhattan Beach, California Chrysler Dealer in 1972.

My wife still has her '88 Pontiac Fiero GT (lot of upgrades and mods) that I will soon be putting a stroker motor in.

I bought my 1969 383 Formula S 4-speed notchback in May of 1982. The advantage of being around back then? It had 13,701 original miles on it, it is numbers matching (but with a Dana 60 instead of the 8¾), it's original paint and interior were still in great shape, and I paid $1,600 for it.

I bought my 1987 Shelby GLHS new in November of 1986.

I have had my 73 Dart Swinger for about 2 years now. Had my 70 Chrysler 300 for about 6 months and my 63 Chrysler 300 for about a month. Also my dads 79 Army Issued Dodge D-200 P/U. Yes even though I am 17 I did buy them all (with the exception of my dads) with my own money which I am very proud of since hardly anyone up at my high school has acutally "bought" a car.

Lets see, I've had my 72 Drat for 15 years, but its been off the road for the last ten and is scheduled to be parted next summer for a total of 16.

I have only had my 65 Dart GT for 4 years, but it had been in the family since 72 or so. My folks got it as a second car and my mom did an in-frame on the engine while my dad was in grad school. I was barely out of diapers at this point. They gave the car to my grandmother in 74 and she kept it until she quit driving in 2002. I've had it since, and plan to restore it in the next couple years. Maybe I'll have my wife assemble the new engine while I'm in grad school...

AdamR said:
I had my 69 Barracuda for all most 10 years before I gave up.

I'm clocking in at 8 yrs. and ready to give up too.....
sterb150.gif

Had the Darts for 3 weeks, but plan on longer. I've owned most of my hot rods for about a year, but the Dart won't even be done in that period of time.

Well I've had my 69 340 Swinger longer than some of you have been alive. I bought my Dart in May of 1970 and never parted with her. So that makes it going on 37 years this coming May!

Loved Mopars then and love em still today!

I ordered our 1971 demon 340 thankgiving friday 1970 it was del.to us 1-21-1971 so if my math is right 1-21-07 will be 36 years. when we got the car we said we did not want to be one of those that said wished we had keep that car

i have only had my 1970 swinger for a little over a year now. but being 22 this is my 1st mopar and will hopefully have many more

The MOPAR chronology

Current Dart 69 GTS 440 - Just bought it in September-She'll be a keeper

Current 06 300C 5.7 May 2005 She's a keeper too.

Current 06 PT Cruiser Turbo (Wife) We'll see if she keeps it.

Leased in 99 Chrysler 300M 3 years

Inherited Dad's 73 Charger SE 318 in 75 Sold in 85

Bought in 72- Demon 340 sold in 1986

Bought in 69 Dart 318 GT 4 spd Sold in 72

Dad and I shared a 64 Dart GT /6 He traded it in for his 73 Charger

My Dad kept his cars generally for about 6 to 10 years. Always paid cash

Prior to the 64 Dart he had a 54 Plymouth

Prior to that a 47 Plymouth (year I was born)

Well I've had my Dart 16 years. The motor I've had since 74 which would be 32 years . It came out of my 69 Dart that I had. It sat since 79. When I went to fix it up it was too far gone. I had a 70 Dart just before I bought the 69. It lasted me 2 months before I rolled it. Both were original 340 swingers.
My Dart now is really a Scamp, but I wanted the Dart look. I always liked the looks of a 70 Dart.

Fred B

70 Dart - 8 years
72 Charger - 4 years going on 5
73 Swinger - 1 year
74 Duster - 1 1/2 years

Spent most of my wrench time of the 70. The 73 and 72 go under the knife next, the Duster is (hopefully) going to be a race car someday, and it needs a lot of metal work.

I think it's 20 years now that I have owned my Cuda E-body. Got her at a cheap cheap $600 bucket-o-crap.
Duster less than a year.
The Magnum about 2 years now.

I have had my present Duster for 4 yrs. My last Duster(70).
Lasted almost 10 yrs. The Cuda before that was 10 yrs.
This last Duster will be mine till I die. Then it go's to
the grandson.

This has been mine over 15 years...

VantaanCrising18.jpg

Since early '80ties i have owned over 60 MoPars...
Over 50 has been A-bodies...

"There is no body like a A-Body"

:headbang: I bought the convertible in Easton Pa september 1967, traded it in on a firebird in 69. Bought it back in 71 and sold it to my brother about 1974. I bought it back again in 1983 and still have it. I'm not going to sell it again!

Just bought My 72 Dart on 12/14/06.
Prior mopars were a 74'roadrunner,72'Demon,70'barracuda,and a 96'Dakota.

"yeah I drive a chevy.... only Cause I get paid to !"

-
Back