Ok it Mothers day

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And not to be disrespectful.
But moms in general, have a way of maintaining order.
So what was your mom's weapon of choice.
Mine was lethal with a rolled up newspaper.

That was my wife's situation with her mom with five brothers.......

And her mom wonders why my wife doesn't want to talk to her

Mom never whipped me, that was Dads deal. I learned my lesson after the first whooping.

The metal handle of a flyswatter.........while we were in shorts.

Sitting on the side of the bathtub, hairbrush on the bottom while I was over her knee.
One day I faked her out and put a plastic bowling ball down the back of my pants.
She figure it out after one or two wacks.

Dad never spanked me. He was a Marine for 20 odd years most before I was born with 6 years of WW11 and Korea, BUT MOM was 5-3, NO ONE to piss off. Her method of getting my attention was to politely ask me for my belt and proceed to beat the living **** out of me.....until I sneeked the 38 revolver out on day as a rabbit hunting toy and got caught ..... at age 15,.... as she bet me without mercy, I told her to just keep on, did not hurt a bit, she was too damn little to swing it hard enough!! ( I lied!)

My Moms weapon was also ..Dad. If Mom said I needed 4 whacks,when Dad got home from work I got exactly 4 whacks. Dad never questioned her. I was a quick learner.
My next younger brother not as much. The third brother was a terror. Whacking meant nothing to him. Mom had to invent a new weapon for him.

:rofl:My best friend Mikes mom would just give us all THE LOOK. Even as teens we knew to back off.
Eight boys and she kept them all in line

A switch......and I had to go get it! :eek:
I did something like that with my kids. I worked in a wood shop in those days, and so I made a spanking board and hung it on the wall in the kitchen, by the entrance door. I nice little paddle it was. My three little kids walked past that paddle many,many, times a day. One side had a small nail sticking out of it. Of course that is the side that faced out.
I never ever ever, had to take that paddle of the hook. My kids were good as gold. Yeah right.......

The old wooden Fly-back paddle toy, after the elastic broke. I was about six and angrily wrote the word "HIDE" in pencil underlined twice and hid it in the bottom of my dresser, Mom found it in no time and my Dad thought it was so funny and his teasing me about that kept me from misbehaving from then on.

Also Mom had a stealth move, I would think I got away with something, then later when I said I was going over to my friend's house, she'd say, "I can't let you do that, remember earlier when you ______, you can go rake the front yard now."

I am so thankful she cared enough to teach me those lessons.

Last edited:
You were in big trouble when your first middle and last name was used.............................

My mom would line up the three of us and tell us that the one with dirty hands was the guilty one. We weren't terribly bright then...

My Dad told us his mom had a leather strap and she knew how to use it. If any of the kids found it they would throw it in the fire but she always came up with a new one and God help you if she found out who did it. LOL
Grandpa worked in the coal mines in Northern U.K. and got The Black Lung from the coal dust (terrible working conditions back then). He died at 47 and Grandma was left with 4 kids. She was not tall but Dad said she had a wicked swing.

To take this 1 step further, SCHOOL!!!!! Back in the "old" days, when discipline was actually a word and used..... the paddle there was bout 3 ft long, inch thick, had handle like a ball bat, The deal was take everything out of your pockets, and get a good grip on the side of the vice principals desk..... He took pleasure in the fact that to be such a small man, he could lift both your feet well off the floor. Usually one swat was adequate.
I didn't have my chemistry homework that day!!! ( his class) LOL

To take this 1 step further, SCHOOL!!!!! Back in the "old" days, when discipline was actually a word and used..... the paddle there was bout 3 ft long, inch thick, had handle like a ball bat, The deal was take everything out of your pockets, and get a good grip on the side of the vice principals desk..... He took pleasure in the fact that to be such a small man, he could lift both your feet well off the floor. Usually one swat was adequate.
I didn't have my chemistry homework that day!!! ( his class) LOL
In our schools they used the leather strap..."Hold out your hand" wack

My mom would grab anything close to her, it did not matter.
I remember when dad and her were building a new house.
I was around 5 or 6, I did something and momma took chase, there was a huge dirt mound in the front yard, I ran up it and turned around, she was at the bottom of this huge dirt mound, stuck my thumbs in my ears, and said nanna-you can't get me.
By the time I turned around to run down the other side, she must of had some kind of super powers, because she was up that huge dirt mound, and already had my little smart-***.
I sat in the corner after that until dad got home.
That was the last time is sassed my momma.

Me too in grade 5 IIRC, but the non-writing hand, cuz after the allotment, it was back to class,Mr.
I never knew that but then again I never got the strap either. They need to bring that back in school today. A lot of kids today have absolutely no respect for elders. They are just time wasters in class, they think they are tough and bully the other kids, talk back to teachers and carry weapons. Years ago the parents would yell at the kids for bad grades now they blame it all on the teachers if Johnny gets bad grades. What happened to repeating a grade in school. Looks like every kid who gets bad grades gets to advance to the next grade bad grades and all. Kids have to learn respect, work hard if you want to succeed, oh and the world doesn't owe you anything except a good kick in the *** for being lazy. Maybe there is some truth to "The Good Old Days".

-
Back