OK lets play NAME THESE PARTS !

-

RAT ROD AL

MOPAR ARCHAEOLOGIST - one parts hoard at a time!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Who can I D These SS trim pieces ?
20191022_143411.jpg
20191022_143428.jpg

The elbow ones are prob 67 notchback corner chrome used along w chrome plastic lock strip one year only. The others maybe center top and bottom rear window locking strip chrome joiners.

The elbow ones are prob 67 notchback corner chrome used along w chrome plastic lock strip one year only. The others maybe center top and bottom rear window locking strip chrome joiners.
Well that makes some sense, they came in all my junk with the cudas. And I actually checked them on the car. Didn't seem to match up with anything. But I don't have the front or rear glass in yet. I guess I better hang on to em. Thanks Matt

67 has rubber window gaskets that go right to the edge of the paint. The center lock strip for the rubber gaskets is chrome plastic, these clip to the edges of it to finish it off. They wont line up with the metal edges of the window frame as they are set in from the edge by 1/4"

67 has rubber window gaskets that go right to the edge of the paint. The center lock strip for the rubber gaskets is chrome plastic, these clip to the edges of it to finish it off. They wont line up with the metal edges of the window frame as they are set in from the edge by 1/4"
So there should be more pieces for the front or rear I guess.

They dress the corners of the 67 Barracuda plastic glass lockstrip. They may fit other 67 models as well. In 68 up the glass trimmers are polished stainless steel held in with clips under the gaskets.

Front 67 windshield has 4 Stainless corner pieces with the mylar lock strip ONLY by precision. Not sure how many SS pieces on the rear windshield for notch, i know the fastback has the 3 SS trim pieces. One on each side at top and one in the middle at the bottom.

I think rear on 67 notch has 3 or 4. Definitely both lower corners. Possibly center top and center bottom. Was a 1 year deal on the gen 2 cars. I am glad they changed it. Al if you want to go with the 68 up stainless. At least the windshield trim will fit all the way up to 76 from dart and valiant 2 door hardtop.

You can use the moredoor cowl trim, and A pillar trim but will have to cut the top of the A pillar trim down to fit the lower hardtop roofline. The moredoor roof trim is too short to fit the hardtop, you will need hardtop specific roof trim.

As far as the rear, some guys use the all black rubber gasket, no chrome plastic strip, then they dont need to hunt for the little stainless corners. I think precision makes it.

Last edited:
I have the chrome lock strip, I traded Chris some parts awhile back I'm not sure if corners came with it or not . I'll have to check
63spf

Damn that lockstrip gets around lol. Yep, I sold him that lockstrip if it's the same one. I bought it from desert rat prior to that. I gave 63spf a bunch of repop stainless corners with it. Ended up modding my 67 to use the 68 up stainless trim and clips.

Damn that lockstrip gets around lol. Yep, I sold him that lockstrip if it's the same one. I bought it from desert rat prior to that. I gave 63spf a bunch of repop stainless corners with it. Ended up modding my 67 to use the 68 up stainless trim and clips.
Probably the same stuff. LOL. How you looking on the deck lid trim we talked about ?

I may just find some black rubber lock strip. I haven't even looked at the stuff chris sent me. He said he got it from a member here. LOL

-
Back