Ok old timers , i need your knowledge on this cam ! Direct connection camshaft

-
A friend put the big block version of that cam in a low compression 383. It wouldn't pull a fat girl off a tricycle.
I can't imagine how bad it would be in a 318 in a heavy car.

Ok so i called the man an cancelled the deal , summit cams are not available and i dont want to spend 1k Springs retainers etc , already stressed out with a new hydraulic flat tappet break-in :)

I agree 100% the cam is "pretty big" for a 318. You can overcome a lot of that by installing it as I described though and running the appropriate gear set. I don't agree though that the cam is necessarily "not as good" as some modern grinds. It certainly is. Those cams were ground with the .903 Mopar lifter specs. They are REAL Mopar cams with REAL Mopar lobes, so that makes them better than a lot out there today. Yup, you can certainly call them dated and they are, but they still flat out work.

A friend put the big block version of that cam in a low compression 383. It wouldn't pull a fat girl off a tricycle.
I can't imagine how bad it would be in a 318 in a heavy car.
Probably stabbed it in dot to dot which may have 10 degrees retarded......or more.

Ok so i called the man an cancelled the deal , summit cams are not available and i dont want to spend 1k Springs retainers etc , already stressed out with a new hydraulic flat tappet break-in :)
how about a melling spd-22? it's not a world beater, but it'll run nice with the compression you have and a 4V setup.

in stock and the price is decent.

-
Back