ok trying to simplify ignition circuit wiring

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
can i bypass the ballast just to get the car to run? i am getting gas and the starter is turning over but dont seem to have spark.

i will deal with the charging system later.

i have the 67 Dart gt /6 that i just put the 76 318 into. using all parts from the 318 inc 4 post ballast, elec contol box and distrib, coil, and alternator and regulator.

the /6 had 4 wires (2 sets of 2 wires paired up) going to the original 2 post ballast. 1 pair of wires had 1 thin wire and a thicker one. the other pair had 2 identical gage wires. i would guess the pair with the thicker wire would go to the hot side of the ballast? but how do i determine what side the hot is? is there a better ballast to use - the 2 post one or the 4 post? they both worked before in their respective cars.

i have both diagrams and neither has the exact setup i need. trying to combine them and no luck.

What control box do you have? Is it a 4pin or 5 pin.

Tom

Should be able to keep the 2 post ballast setup for simplicity and splice in the elec ign kit per diagrams available online.

Make sure your ignition box is grounded from it's body to the chassis. If not grounded, no spark.

thanks guys - gonna try again tonight. will run a wire from the mounting post on the ECU to battery negative to make sure a good ground is in place.

-
Back