Okay. I need and education.

-

cuda67

Reaction score
I read the term squirter frequently on this site. I guess I am not up on carbs much. Here I go, "What are squirters?". Are they what I call jets or are they a part I haven't learned yet? Please don't be too hard on me.

Thanks#-o

They are the accelerator pump discharge nozzles. They are usually in the very center of the carb throat and squirt fuel down the carb when you open the throttle. Most HP carbs have squirters of different sizes available so you can fine tune acceleration off the line. toolmanmike

They are the accelerator pump discharge nozzles. They are usually in the very center of the carb throat and squirt fuel down the carb when you open the throttle. Most HP carbs have squirters of different sizes available so you can fine tune acceleration off the line. toolmanmike

Toolman, thank you for the information. I am always glad to learn everyday. Is there anywhere I can get more info as to what and how they effect performance and how to remove and replace? I just had a problem with my 4160 600 cfm and I think I worked it out but now I am not sure. I have been getting help from Moper and he has been great. Today I replaced the needle and seat on the secondaries and reset the float levels and the car responded better. I am just trying to obtain as much knowledge as possible.

I would check your library or parts store. I searched for "Holley carb book"
on e-Bay and there were a dozen or so books about rebuilding and tuning them.
I'm sure Jegs and Summit have books for sale also. If you have a handfull of
different squirters to try. I would start with the next size bigger than what you have
and go up a size until you get a bog off the line. Then put the next size smaller one
back in and go with that. Good luck!
toolmanmike

-
Back