OLD DRUM TO NEW DISC

-

A/MP

Reaction score
I have the LBP upper control arms and disc brakes from a '76 Valiant that I wish to swap into my '65 Dart drums? Other than the MC, do I need to change any of the suspension parts? Flex brake lines should be sourced for the '76? Thanks

No other suspension parts will be needed, but you need the prop valve from the 76, and new lines for a dual master cylinder with disc brakes, and the rubber hoses.

I have the LBP upper control arms and disc brakes from a '76 Valiant that I wish to swap into my '65 Dart drums? Other than the MC, do I need to change any of the suspension parts? Flex brake lines should be sourced for the '76? Thanks
im assuming you have the spindles for the disc brakes right? You'll need those.

Complete list:

1. Upper Control Arms, from 1973-1975 A-Body, Dart, Duster, Valiant. from Disc Brake Donor Car. ( single Piston Caliper only )

2. Front Spindels from Disc Brake Donor Car, ( Single Piston Caliper ) ** Mark their location, with left front and right front.

3. Rotors from the Donor Car

4. Proportioning Valve From Donor Car. You must use the unit, from the Donor Car. You can also use a adjustable Porportioning aftermarket valve, from Mopar Performance, Manicini Racing, or Summit Racing.

5. New Front Brake Hoses ( Rubber ) For the Disc Brake Caliper(s) Order the set for the year of the Donor Car, disc/drum They are a direct replacement

6. New Brake Pads & Bearing ( you must know, what make, model and Year, the donor car )

7. New Master Cylinder, Disc / drum, must use 73-75 A-Body, with or without/ power brakes

8. 4.5" bolt pattern front Wheels.

9. New Cam Kit, and Upper Control Bushings

10. 73-75 Lower Ball Joints

11. From the donor car, remove the ( 2 ) lines that are attached to the master cylinder, and use them on your car.

12. Sway Bars, this will not interfere with either the factory or aftermarket SWAY BARS, just weld on the tabs, for the Donor Car, or the brackets, that came with the aftermarket kit.

-
Back