Old Mopar Enthusiasts = A Rougher/Meaner Crowd

-

LJS30

Reaction score
You know guys I was just thinking about the differences, if any, between Chevy, Ford, and Mopar enthusiasts and though we all have a common love of old muscle there is one thing that I feel separates us from the rest. Mopar guys/ladies seem to be a little rougher around the edges. I consider us the darker side of the muscle care scene.

I got the KY thing going-no problems here!

the ford guys are friendly

the mopar guys are opinionated

the chevy guys are dumb

but hey thats just my friendly, dumb, opinion

You know guys I was just thinking about the differences, if any, between Chevy, Ford, and Mopar enthusiasts and though we all have a common love of old muscle there is one thing that I feel separates us from the rest. Mopar guys/ladies seem to be a little rougher around the edges. I consider us the darker side of the muscle care scene.
Thats because it costs us almost twice as much to own and build our Mopars.
Mopar or No Car, shaving is optional....

the old mopar guys used to be a real close community, they would help the young guys coming up and it was just a great bunch of guys. its when the check book assholes decided that mopars were the new fad that the mopar hobby took a nose dive.

the GM guys were always the most obnoxious.

the ford guys were ok. a lot like the mopar guys really.

Us older Moparheads have heard all the BS stories about the 440 hemi's, 318 sixpacks, and Charger convertibles that their long dead uncles used to own, that we sometimes become a little jaded maybe....

We all know what's BS and what's not....and we kinda lend a blind eye to all the ruckus when the Ford and Chevy guys try to figure out just what it is about Mopars that make us the way we are.

In my area, us Mopar guys stick together. We have to, there is so few of
us around. The Gm guys around here are really obnoxous. They feel that if
it ain't GM it's ****.
At least I don't have a belly button car.

The thing that makes me feel mean or angry sometimes is the fact that I was around back in the '60's and early '70's when Chrysler was making great cars, after that they totally let me down with the some of the WORST cars they ever made! It's like the company that made my car doesn't exist any more, whereas Ford and Chevy guys don't have to live that down, not as much as we do anyway.

I seem to get respect at all the cruze spots & local shows:wav:

Attachments

• IMG_1936.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 283
Yeah, BS like 160 bucks a piece headlight bezels. THAT'S BS. :angry2:

or $75 arm rest pads!

fortunately thanks to some great members here me and my passenger have a nice comfortable place to rest our weary arms on a nice long cruse!

huh .... to bad the ford and chevy guys dont have a great site like this!

I think some of us are just old and tired of the BS. I used to sell parts, and one time somebody came in with a NICE 62 'Vette just out of "restore." He needed some of the large air ducting for the heater, so I went out to help him measure it. It drew a crowd

AND SOME CHIVVVY BOZO

announced, "Ya, ya cen always tell these 'Vette engines, 'cause they're just a little SHORTER then th' REGLAR Chivvies!!!!

And we've ALL heard the stories about "My Dad's Cousin's buddies kit had a.............. that could run 9' 10's 11's etc "Dealer stock"

440 hemis. yup.

"It's a 383 but it has 440 heads." Of course it does.

Guy selling a "383/ 440 distributor" for 20 bucks

I say, it has to be one or the other which one?

He says, no it fits either.

I say what did it come OUT of? Well, 383

So I bet him the price of the dist. Yanked the dist right out of my 440 I'd drove up in, showed him the difference, and collected 20 bucks and drove off.

IGuy selling a "383/ 440 distributor" for 20 bucks

I say, it has to be one or the other which one?

He says, no it fits either.

I say what did it come OUT of? Well, 383

So I bet him the price of the dist. Yanked the dist right out of my 440 I'd drove up in, showed him the difference, and collected 20 bucks and drove off.

The WAS a 383 made that will accept a 440 distributor.

NERDS like bowties....

On a quiet night, you can hear a FORD rust...

Yeah, Yeah... okay Ford and Chevy muscle is nice... but MOPARS are and will always be LEGENDS!!

Seems to me that Fords and Chevys were never disqualified for undoubtedly dominating a circuit...

MOPAR or NO CAR!!

I hate when people make up story's.

I got into mopars over the look of a '71 dart swinger and the mopar appeal of cheap, underrated, 'unpopular at the time' which made it all the more hilarious when I dusted off my friends rustanks & shovells

They used to be cheap....
They used to plentiful.....

In all honesty it is my opinion that the 'car guy' type is who ruined it.

Now everything costs a fortune, good 'driver' cars get hacked for parts, and mopar guys get called a holes and the rest.

Mopar is me, My grandfather owned a Dodge Chrysler Plymouth franchise from late 1965 to 1991 and I have always loved Mopars I am 31 years old and have owned a couple Chevies and Fords but I did not keep them long just not the same feeling I get when! In my mind the Chevy guy's all care about the 70 Chevelle SS 454 or a 69 Z28 they built how many?!?! They take their car to a car show and sit and polish the valve covers and know it all, Ford guys are better (but not the best) much more laid back, 70 Boss Mustang or one of the 6 I see everyday 65 Mustang and now 5.0 Fox bodys in every Ford "Racers" backyard! they know what they are talking about and much less pompus than the Chevy guy's, Now the best for last us Mopar guy's we don't have a favorite Mopar (I don't anyway) We love em' all wether its a A/FX altered wheelbase car or a Dodge Ram I always loved seeing the Mopars in movies being the "rogue" or "bad" guy car
or just looking Evil A.K.A. Phantasm Cuda!! We are a unique group us TRUE Mopar nuts not the " I gotta have a mopar now because it's cool too have one now" guy's those people will never get it! And the Mopar drivetrain is one of the most rugged ever made and many Ford guy's and a couple Chevy guy's also have agreed with me on that point, It just does not get any better than seeing a old Mopar pass me on the road I just grin and think I can't wait to get home and fiddle with my Mopars!!!!:love2:

I have always been different and not afraid to stand out.Thats why Mopar called out to me. We are kinda the same. Think I want people to notice me. Caution Orange warns other drivers. Kinda of an in your face color. Not for the timid.

Attachments

• coronet 2-5-11 003.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 181
Back in the day we were meaner and nastier, had to be, mostly to get the girls. They seemed to love the Camaro's and Mustangs till they realized that our Roadrunners, GTX's, Super Bee's and Chargers were stomping the crap out of the GM and Ford stables. We even had a nice big back seat to do what comes natural for a teenager.\\:D/ Of the cars I had the 69 440 4 speed RR'r was the nastiest, funny how that works when weight, HP and traction are in balance. Left many a Chebby boiling their tires.

And Daredevil I love that 66:salute:

-
Back