old msd gold box help

-

silver fox

Reaction score
a little history first we (son & i) picked up a 73 340 maching # duster about 3 year's ago from the way it was left in 75 the car was fixed to race from what i've learned it came with a 488 rear end that i've changed to a 323 a 7msd al2 #7220 has a 8000 chip in it with a timing master box with a 4 degree chip in that, a mallory coil captive discharge transformer #2880 a combo that is good for race not so good for street from what i understand,now it also came with a
msd gold box made for the chrysler corp. part # p4120182 with a soft touch rev. control # m08738 i'm thinking this combo might be used for the street the gold box has the pentastar connection on it, what would you think the odd's would be
to disconnect the 7 & plug into the gold box the plug matches the back of the gold box it would be kinda neat to use the old tech. i hope i've made sense i've also have a new blaster 3 coil to give it, or should i just get a msd 6 and start fresh ps if any one has a 6 lying around or would like to trade i'd be interested

Put a Msd 6T box in it - the 6 T box can take the heat and vibration from under the hood mounting and use correct Blaster coil
Some of the coils are "race only" and are for limited use and not street use for long time.

If you take the 7 AL2 box out, what would you take for it shipped to 77306, TX? PM me and let me know.

Bill S.

-
Back