Old Nascar Style

-

Revhendo

Master ACME Tech
Reaction score
Hey guys, need some help.
Seeing how my Valiant project has reached the end of the bodyshop, suspension and brakes phase of it's life, I need to realign my sights on my '73 Roadrunner. I am looking to do something of a mid 70's Nascar style to it. (Remember when Petty drove something that actually LOOKED like a Plymouth?)

Oil control issues have forced me to go back thru the stroker smallblock, (it keeps getting closer to the magical 426 number). The brakes are way upgraded, and the suspension works like a demon, but I am going to play with that some more also. I really need to lose the K-member "Iso-metric" mounts.

I have searched the usual suspects but have not found any vintage shots of a 73 or 74 Roadrunner in Nascar trim. Does anybody out there know of where I can find them? Does anybody have some? I can find Charger shots, even Mopar Action featured a '74 Charger that went to LeMans. But, I am coming up short on the birds. Anything y'all can do to help point me in the right direction would be a big help.

Revhendo

I could be wrong but i don't think Plymouth had a Nascar after 72,i know Petty drove a RR as late as 72 then went to Chargers.

I know the Charger became the dominant B body in the Mopar stable, but I have seen a pic of one 73/74 in a book about mopar suspensions. It was a bad pic and I can't seem to find the book in my casa right now. Maybe it was an ARCA or USAC car? Hell, that's what makes this all fun, scratching out the research and coming up with different ideas.

Revhendo

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue..."

-
Back