Old new Guy

-

Chuter

Reaction score
I'm retired now, but my wife doesn't fully realize it. I get all the "quick projects" at the church she pastors. I spent about 30 years as a Quality Engineer/Quality Manager for a couple of different companies. When the economy caught up with me in 2009, I spent about a year and a half between jobs, then spent time driving a forklift at a sawmill, where I learned I don't want to retire in Northern Michigan, and then as a service writer for a John Deere dealership. I was the guy who got to explain to you why we charged $120 an hour to work on your lawn mower, and why it took longer than we expected.

I don't own an A body, and haven't since the 80's. I had a 73 Duster while in college in West Lafayette IN. It was a slant 6 automatic, rusty when I bought it, and worse when I sold it. It had a grabbing front drum that we never figured out. But it ALWAYS started. That was my soul source my popularity in college - I had a car that would always start, a long set of heavy duty jumper cables, and an army surplus shovel that would dig through any snow drift, no matter how much ice had formed.

I discovered this forum when I was searching for a rear axle for the '36 Plymouth I'm street rodding. Found a lot of other useful information for that car as well. Been a Mopar guy all my life, so I'm keeping it as Mopar as practical. I'll put together a build thread on it one of these days. I was planning to do that this winter, but it's been mild enough to keep working in my unheated shop, and I'm pressing onward to get it transportable ASAP. I'm moving from North Central Michigan to Southern Indiana in the next couple months. Anybody headed that way with an empty enclosed trailer?

DSCN2359.JPG

Welcome! Since there is probably not a 36 Plymouth Forum, we welcome you with open arms. I think MOST of what we do can be transferred to your car. Lots of pictures during you restoration/street rodding.

-
Back