Old newspaper

-

Mick Semantel

Reaction score
I was reading a news paper dated October 28 1987. I looked through the automotive classified's. Listed was a 73 Charger 440 for a whopping $600.00 and a 70 Duster for $900.00. granted I was only 11 years old at the time, but how cool would it be if a person could go back in time with a couple of bucks and buy a few toys...

A lot of us older FABO members wish we had the foresight to have bought every 440-6 and Hemi car there was on the market back then. Unfortunately most of us just didn`t have that gift , nor the money or a place to put `em if we did. I had my fun then and the memories of those cars will always be with me. It`s great to see younger generations appreciating the cars of that golden age of American muscle cars.

When I bought my first house from family, they had a tendency to not throw away papers, or magazines. So I had newspapers from the late sixties up till the nineties. It was cool looking at the dealer ads for muscle cars. And crying at the pricing. Upgrade to a hi-po car for a few dollars more or less depending on how you order. One of the phrases I just love is "it's the perfect family car with getup and go" it was labeled on a bigblock Belvedere two door.

In 1984 I bought my first car...a '69 Hurst SC/Rambler for a whopping $1400. Two years later I picked up my first Mopar...'71 Challenger with a 440+6 under the hood...originally a 383 SE car -- $2500. Do I have either one today? NOPE!!! :-(

how cool would it be if a person could go back in time with a couple of bucks and buy a few toys...

As soon as I get this flux capacitor to work I'll let you know.......I need a bigger hammer.......:lol:

I was 16 in 87 and bought my 2nd car fo $200 a 1966 chrysler 300 2 door 383 4 barrel with 65000 miles. got hit in the side a month after I was driving and traded my 1st car a 1973 caddilac broughm with a 472 4 barrell to get the body work done. bought a 2nd 66 300 for $500 in 1992 with 55000 miles, same set up. planned on restoreing but had to sell, ended up getting $1500 for both cars, I think I sold them in 2002, they are now in Texas. niether cars had brakes, a/c ice cold in 1, drove both onto the car carrier and could not belive how good the under carriage was still in on the 55000 mile car. sure wish I did not have to sell but with moving I couldnt take them.

-
Back