Old Nitrious bottles

-

joes68340s

Reaction score
Is there any value in used Nitrious bottles. I have two NOS bottles don't know how to read the dates on them I know there over 20 years old and need to be hydrostatic tested. Just wondering if they are worth anything.

Whatever scrap brings. People modify them and use them to shape sheet metal.

Is there any value in used Nitrious bottles. I have two NOS bottles don't know how to read the dates on them I know there over 20 years old and need to be hydrostatic tested. Just wondering if they are worth anything.
Possibly worth trade in value at a welding shop ?

They only cost a few bucks to cert. ill buy the valves if they are cga326 and you don’t want them.
Welding shops will usually take it as an empty cylinder twords an argon or c25 or co2 or whatever. As long as the tanks arent rusty inside they should be fine.

They make excellent targets. They ring like a bell at 100-500 yards, and their very hard to damage with anything below 50 BMG. I use 'em for targets at 100 yards for .22 rifles for the grand kids, and neighbors on our property on Mt. Spokane.

I would start by removing the valve. If you can't get the valve off, drill a small hole into the bottom in case there's any pressure then tape a line & cut it off with a cut off wheel or run it through a band saw.

-
Back