Old school exhaust tips

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Pickup up the Summit/Jegs/Heartthrob exhaust for my 72 5.9 Magnum Scamp.Fits good,except the tailpipes.I did the D/C .875 bolt on perch kit.The pass side tailpipe was too tight for my tastes.So,I clocked the tailpipes,to go on the outside of the spring.Cut off at the peak of the final 45 bend.Anyway,someone made a steel chrome 45 degree 2.5 trumpet tip Checked dynomax,gibson,speedway,magnaflow,summit,jegs.Going bananas to find it .Any outside of the box ideas would be much apprieciated,thank you.

I must admit, I didn't really understand much of what you have said. I would like to see some pic though...
C

Thanks for replying, kinda shocked someone responded.I went to a 20 year old dynonax catalog,found what I needed.Pics comin soon,hang TIGHT!

I'm think your looking exhaust tips. Not sure what old school looks like. I scoured jegs and summit for a pair of exhaust tips I liked.

I ended up getting a pair of polished stainless, non rolled from summit in the cherry bomb brand.

Damn Tubbed,love your taste in cars.Someone I used to street race with has a 69 AMX knockin on the nine second door.ProchargerLo,the whole nine.Local muffler shop could bend a mandere,l 2.5 hook over the axle,and put a 12 inch tip with a 45 kicker on it.Quiet inside,and to the cops.

Thanks, Nines is cooking pretty fast. Lets see some pictures when you get a chance.

When it came to putting chrome exhaust tips on the Duster years ago, I went a little different route. I ended up with a set of GM (Trans-Am) tips. I was skeptical at first, but they actually looked pretty sweet. Of course they are all crappy looking now from neglect and I will have to decide what type to use when the exhaust system goes back on the car in the (hopefully) near future.

not 100% sure what your talking about but these came to mind.

C240726.jpg

pypes makes some tips like that. I couldn't find a picture of them online but my dad has a set on his truck i could get a picture of.

-
Back