Old style crager wheels and tires fir my duster. Opinion needed

-

flathead31coupe

Reaction score
Looking at a set of crager ss Wheels 14x7 front with 195/70/14 and 14×8 rear 3" bs and 1-1/2 offset with 235/60/14 tires.. Will they spit my duster?Or should fifteen inch wheels and tires thanks.

Also, have a chance to buy a set of 15 / 8 rallies with a 4 inch backspace. They have brand new l 50 series tires.But the guy said they hit his leaf Springs a little on his duster.
He's never ran them 225$

Looking at a set of crager ss Wheels 14x7 front with 195/70/14 and 14×8 rear 3" bs and 1-1/2 offset with 235/60/14 tires.. Will they spit my duster?Or should fifteen inch wheels and tires thanks.

Here is a set of 14"s like you are talking, fits the look of the car nice.

20200415_215357.jpg

Lately he has gone to the next larger 14" tire from the 235s to give it more tread width and diameter for a little more rake on the stance.

Monroe Rear Air Assist Shocks that give a nice ride.

Running 3.23 rear 8 3/4 gears, runs out nice with those tire sizes.

☆☆☆☆☆

Here is a set of 14"s like you are talking, fits the look of the car nice.

View attachment 1716248164

Lately he has gone to the next larger 14" tire from the 235s to give it more tread width and diameter for a little more rake on the stance.

Monroe Rear Air Assist Shocks that give a nice ride.

Running 3.23 rear 8 3/4 gears, runs out nice with those tire sizes.

☆☆☆☆☆
Looks great.. So with the specs on the wheels that I listed they should fit ?

If they hit the leaf springs, that's an easy fix: spacers.
If they hit the fenders, no fix for that.
(Theoretically, if they hit his springs, he had too much backspace. Four inches? Too much? That's hard to believe.)
And at this point in time, I wouldn't spend ten cents for 14" tires or wheels.

If they hit the leaf springs, that's an easy fix: spacers.
If they hit the fenders, no fix for that.
(Theoretically, if they hit his springs, he had too much backspace. Four inches? Too much? That's hard to believe.)
And at this point in time, I wouldn't spend ten cents for 14" tires or wheels.
I ask him what the backspacing was.And he said whatever stock is he thinks it's four inch

fyi, watch the selection on front 14" hoops as that not all of them fit disc brakes-- OE or aftermarket.

and i'll echo what was said up thread. tire selection for 14's is booty. in 15" you at least have a fighting chance.

What's the manufacturer's date on those L60 tires ? I would think they're old as they haven't used the letter designation for quite some time if my memory serves me. The rally wheels should be fine.
I'm not sure what the year is on those tires.The ones still have the paper on the tread. The rams are new as well He said when he test Mounted them on the back of his duster.The tires hit the springs a little..... How much are those rams worth 15x8 bbp

Tires age, even if they have never been used. I wouldn’t run them if they are old than about 7 years.

I like black walls with Cragars. I think raised whites make it to busy. Just my opinion. Love raised whites with rallys.

Thanks for all of the replies . I made a mistake by asking 2 different questions in one post.
What i'm trying Determine is how I can Tell without mounting. The front cragers... I did not know if they would clear my factory disk brakes on my duster. He said that they came off of a 57 Chevy.With a disk brake conversion on the front.
He is trying to sell them and I don't live that close

Like other's have said, I'd keep looking for 15" Cragars. Better selection of tires and plenty of clearance. I'm putting 15" Ansen slots on the front of my Duster with steelies on back. I looked for 6 months before I found a decent pair.

1715426230134.jpeg

As far as the 15X8 rallyes, Summit has them for $170. I have a pair on my Duster and they have 4 1/2" backspace.

1715426279783.jpeg

Like other's have said, I'd keep looking for 15" Cragars. Better selection of tires and plenty of clearance. I'm putting 15" Ansen slots on the front of my Duster with steelies on back. I looked for 6 months before I found a decent pair.

View attachment 1716248489

As far as the 15X8 rallyes, Summit has them for $170. I have a pair on my Duster and they have 4 1/2" backspace.

View attachment 1716248490
Those are nice...

-
Back