Old TRW Catalogue, Any body have one?

-
Nope.

The Shotgun engine was classed as a semi-hemi. Valves were in a different plane to the Hemi, see the pic.

img313.jpg

In the era of people being able to find information with the touch of a key or screen where the hell is this piston number ??

In the era of people being able to find information with the touch of a key or screen where the hell is this piston number ??
Excellent question. Clearly a high compression rat piston, odd that the number appears nowhere! A TRW piston that appears in none of the five various catalogs mentioned in this thread?

Excellent question. Clearly a high compression rat piston, odd that the number appears nowhere! A TRW piston that appears in none of the five various catalogs mentioned in this thread?
Right, if we could get the nominal size and pin height it would be very easy to figure out.
I looked in 3 different trw catalogs and nope it's not there.

Nope.

The Shotgun engine was classed as a semi-hemi. Valves were in a different plane to the Hemi, see the pic.

View attachment 1716141891
The engine you posted is a 429 SCJ.... The 429 Shotgun is the Boss 429.. Not the "Cobra Jet", not the "Super Cobra Jet"... The Boss 429.... And The Boss 429 is a true Hemi...
Ford had lots of engines hovering around 7 Liters.... When you saw a 7 Liter badge on a Ford you needed to know which one you were coming up against...

There were 427's... The first were truck engines... But in the passenger car world there were 427 Medium Risers, 427 High Risers... 427 Tunnel Ports... There were Side Oilers & Center Oilers.. Oh... Then there was the Legendary 427 SOHC AKA "The Cammer" (Also a "True Hemi" with a twist.. Overhead Cams)

There were 428's... Some came in Grandpas LTD... And some of those grandpa style LTD's were damn fast... There were 428 Cobra Jets... And Super Cobra Jets with the Trac Pak...

And as previously discussed there were lots of 429's...

Nope again. Not a SCJ. A Boss/SG head.

I am well aware the Boss 429 is also known as the Shotgun 429.

The info in post #26 comes from the Complete Book of Engines, #6. Although it doesn't say it in the pic, the caption on the next page says it was O ringed & dry decked. There is ANOTHER pic of the same head [ see below ] & it CLEARLY shows the valves are NOT in line as in a Chry Hemi. Caption reads: ' The Boss 429 series is strictly a Nascar type racing engine with semi hemi alum heads.....but is available...in the Boss 429 Mustang'. I presume the 'semi' comes from the valves being offset. The SCJ head valve arrangement is like a 351C head.

img314.jpg

The link I posted quotes a '78 catalog listing for an L2308AF, described as a 427 Chevy 12.2:1 slug for a 427 Chevy open-chamber 2nd design. Meaning the 1st design would have to be in an older-than '78 catalog...
This pissing match, however Ford-informative it may be, isn't helping the OP....at all.

The link I posted quotes a '78 catalog listing for an L2308AF, described as a 427 Chevy 12.2:1 slug for a 427 Chevy open-chamber 2nd design. Meaning the 1st design would have to be in an older-than '78 catalog...
This pissing match, however Ford-informative it may be, isn't helping the OP....at all.
The OP isn't helping his own cause, by not giving us dimensions. We know it is a big compression bbc open chamber piston, but for what engine? 396, 427, or 454. Diameter and compression height would tell us.

The OP isn't helping his own cause, by not giving us dimensions. We know it is a big compression bbc open chamber piston, but for what engine? 396, 427, or 454. Diameter and compression height would tell us.
True, We have asked the OP for these basic, critical dimensions and crickets so far.....
Is that Your post I linked to above @Big_John ??

-
Back