Olds/Pontiac 9.3 in an A-Body?

-
Thats a fair price. Does it have a sure grip in it?
Not Sure the listing doesn't say if it sure grip or open. I am going to give the guy a call this coming week.

The posi units for the big Olds/Pontiac units are still available, I've seen some on HAMB over the last year or so.

Be aware the 9 1/4 is a strong but heavy axle. More so than a 8 3/4. Good for drag racing, not so much for road racing or autocross.
This is more for a weekend driver that I sometimes want to romp on. I want to build a drag car in the future but I have A LOT to learn before I get to that point.

I am thinking the 9.3 is not going to be a good choice. Could I make it work? Yes. But toolmanmike was definitely correct in the amount of work/money required to do so mot being worth it. Thank you ALL for your insights and information. It is greatly appreciated.

I am thinking the 9.3 is not going to be a good choice. Could I make it work? Yes. But toolmanmike was definitely correct in the amount of work/money required to do so mot being worth it. Thank you ALL for your insights and information. It is greatly appreciated.
It could be an expensive route. A guess a lot depends on the condition of said unit and then weigh the cost of modifying.

Honestly a great way to go is an all new Moser rear end. Google Moser and check out what they have to offer.

-
Back