OMG REALLY CL ad

-
i have owned a couple of these cars and i can say that no matter wat you do, the v8s air cleaner will always poke out of the hood quite a bit. its a fake, the cars not really rwd cause lets be honest here, if you or i did that ( which i have wanted to do and make it eat fox bodys) id show pics of the motor in the engine bay, and the rear end in the car and the trunk pan would need modified caus eyoure addinga hog head where a straight axle used to be. and you might as well mini tub it too. its a fake and ill tell him that to his face all day long till i see that 360 in that engine bay

,............. if you or i did that .......... id show pics of the motor in the engine bay, and the rear end in the car ............

In his defense he did say the "engine is not installed," maybe his welding/ fab skills are "less than spectacular," LOL

I agree, it smells.

i have owned a couple of these cars and i can say that no matter wat you do, the v8s air cleaner will always poke out of the hood quite a bit. its a fake, the cars not really rwd cause lets be honest here, if you or i did that ( which i have wanted to do and make it eat fox bodys) id show pics of the motor in the engine bay, and the rear end in the car and the trunk pan would need modified caus eyoure addinga hog head where a straight axle used to be. and you might as well mini tub it too. its a fake and ill tell him that to his face all day long till i see that 360 in that engine bay

Those look like jeep grand cherokee rims, that would mean a 5 bolt rwd pattern like our cars the stock mopar fwd pattern was 5 bolt 100mm circle.

Still would be nice to see the fab job on the k frame, and everything else.

Mopar used to sell a kit to convert the G, J, and P body cars to Rwd. For those that dont know a G body is a 84, to 93 dodge daytona, and chrysler laser from 84 to 86. The J body is a chrysler lebaron coupe/ convertible from 87 to 95, and a P body is a dodge shadow/plymouth sundance from 87 to 94.

The plymouth laser, is a completely different car than the chrysler laser, and was a part of diamond star motors, it shared parts with the mitsubishi eclipse, and eagle talon.

I was big into the fwd turbo mopars, still have a few and a lot of parts. Thought about converting one of mine to V8 rwd a few years ago. I still have it just in case i decide to do that. Its an 87 turbo coupe lebaron with full digital, and overhead console.

Chrysler should have made these cars rwd from the start even if they just put 4 bangers in them. It would make it so much easier to stick a v8 in one.

well I called chuck...he's in his 70s and is in the middle of a 50s ford truck and doesn't feel hes up to any more projects...the shipping quotes I got were outrageous so its a no go for me. he seemed very much on the up and up I'd suggest not judging the book by its cover and the cover is very interesting, he mentioned it needs some final welding to the subframe connectors and install the engine and the transmission which does come with the car. his friend that inspired the project has died recently that may be why

I bet this is one of the Jegster chassis kits. They make them for the lebaron.

I think the real moral of this ad is careful how you put any keywords such as

MOPAR
Duster
Etc
into Craigslist unless your fully ready to accept the consequences of your actions... with that said... would be a great parts car for my dart sport hehe.

well I called chuck...he's in his 70s and is in the middle of a 50s ford truck and doesn't feel hes up to any more projects...the shipping quotes I got were outrageous so its a no go for me. he seemed very much on the up and up I'd suggest not judging the book by its cover and the cover is very interesting, he mentioned it needs some final welding to the subframe connectors and install the engine and the transmission which does come with the car. his friend that inspired the project has died recently that may be why

You are right. Chuck is a very nice guy. The car is exactly as he described in the ad. I saw this post on Saturday when I was in pueblo Colorado for a wedding. My father spends the summers in North Dakota and drove down to pueblo for the wedding. I talked him in to stopping by to check out the car on his way back to North Dakota today. Dad explained that the car does need some finish work on the firewall and floor pans but over all the conversion is pretty complete. Dad called me while he was there with chuck and we were able to strike a deal. Dads going back to pick the car and parts up next week. I've been wanting to do something like this for a really long time and this deal is just too sweet to pass up. Pretty excited to get this back to Chandler and get after it!!

Dang, that means I might get to see it. Awesome deal!

its an awesome project and just talking to chuck on the phone I knew he was straight up....

You are right. Chuck is a very nice guy. The car is exactly as he described in the ad. I saw this post on Saturday when I was in pueblo Colorado for a wedding. My father spends the summers in North Dakota and drove down to pueblo for the wedding. I talked him in to stopping by to check out the car on his way back to North Dakota today. Dad explained that the car does need some finish work on the firewall and floor pans but over all the conversion is pretty complete. Dad called me while he was there with chuck and we were able to strike a deal. Dads going back to pick the car and parts up next week. I've been wanting to do something like this for a really long time and this deal is just too sweet to pass up. Pretty excited to get this back to Chandler and get after it!!

wow .....im near Pueblo.

the LeBaron is a different kind of idea .....i cant see dumping a ton of money into one, but really the idea is good and what chrysler should have built in the first place.........glad to see it going to a good home

its an awesome project and just talking to chuck on the phone I knew he was straight up....

Nice part is the body looks straight n freshly painted, and if you keep the wheel offsets looking stock instead of the typical bigs n littles it can be one hell of a sleeper. Sounds like the hard work of converting it to rwd is done.

Send us some good chassis n fab pix so we can see it.

Nice score, glad to see it going to someone who will finish it and not part it out. Maybe someday i will rwd and v8 my turbobaron coupe

Keep us posted!
Not a problem! Soon as it gets home I will start a built thread on it. Keep an eye out!!
He's a very nice guy. He and my dad are Vietnam vets and hit it off really well. Chuck isn't a Mopar guy but has a love for cars in general. His friend meant a lot to him and he's happy it's going to be done right. He did ask for a burn out video! Lol
wow .....im near Pueblo.

the LeBaron is a different kind of idea .....i cant see dumping a ton of money into one, but really the idea is good and what chrysler should have built in the first place.........glad to see it going to a good home
I haven't spent much time in pueblo, but it sure is a neat town. The wedding was held at the old train depot. What a beautiful building. The wood work is unreal. They don't build them like that anymore that's for sure.
Nice part is the body looks straight n freshly painted, and if you keep the wheel offsets looking stock instead of the typical bigs n littles it can be one hell of a sleeper. Sounds like the hard work of converting it to rwd is done.

Send us some good chassis n fab pix so we can see it.

Nice score, glad to see it going to someone who will finish it and not part it out. Maybe someday i will rwd and v8 my turbobaron coupe
Plan is to keep it sleeper status. Should be pretty easy to blow the doors off any camaro on the street!

I haven't spent much time in pueblo, but it sure is a neat town. The wedding was held at the old train depot. What a beautiful building. The wood work is unreal. They don't build them like that anymore that's for sure.

yea the depot is a nice place ...good place to take pics of the car .

Attachments

• CIMG2013.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 91
WOW........Nice buy right there!! Very cool & I just gotta see this when it makes it home :toothy7:

yea the depot is a nice place ...good place to take pics of the car .
It really is. The next time I'm headed to Denver in the swinger I will definitely stop there for pics! Such an awesome place. I didn't realize that the depot has apartments on the top floor you could rent?!
WOW........Nice buy right there!! Very cool & I just gotta see this when it makes it home :toothy7:
Well hello C!! Dad will drag it home in September when he heads back to the valley. Know anyone looking for a 70 panther pink dart! Lol

-
Back