Omni/Daytona buckets in Duster?

-

Duster7286

Reaction score
Anyone mount front buckets from a Dodge Omni/Daytona (late 80s)in an a body?
Saw this on a site once, and they looked like good cheap option. Just got a lead on set for $50- very nice set, wanted to see how much work it would be to mount in 72 Duster with stock bench.

Any help??

I installed a pair of those in my dodge d-100. Great seats. Had to make my own mounts.
They have a great shape to them that holds you in place. A person could slide around on the original bench when driven as the 440 was built to be driven.
They were worth the extra effort to install for me.

If they are like the ones I have looked at in a junk yard they look good. But as ssba said above, only bucket tracks that will fit without any modifications is A body bucket tracks.

If they are like the ones I have looked at in a junk yard they look good. But as ssba said above, only bucket tracks that will fit without any modifications is A body bucket tracks.

I once used a set of Furd Exploder Tracks (forget what year) mounted to a set of Eagle Talon Buckets. The exploder tracks were close to the shape of the A-Body Tracks and I believe I only had to bend the front mounting ears/tabs on the tracks a little bit to mount up to the A-Body Floorpan.

I once used a set of Furd Exploder Tracks (forget what year) mounted to a set of Eagle Talon Buckets. The exploder tracks were close to the shape of the A-Body Tracks and I believe I only had to bend the front mounting ears/tabs on the tracks a little bit to mount up to the A-Body Floorpan.

Well yeah, I am sure there is a few stray tracks out there that need little no almost no work to fit, but as I know from experience going out and trying to find the exact year and style tracks that someone grabbed from a junk yard is pretty hard to do. You say it was eagle talon tracks, what year and what trim option? was the tracks power or manual? The OP going out and finding a set of those exact tracks is going to be almost impossible.

Well yeah, I am sure there is a few stray tracks out there that need little no almost no work to fit, but as I know from experience going out and trying to find the exact year and style tracks that someone grabbed from a junk yard is pretty hard to do. You say it was eagle talon tracks, what year and what trim option? was the tracks power or manual? The OP going out and finding a set of those exact tracks is going to be almost impossible.

It was Ford Explorer (Bucket seat) Manual Tracks, 1990 to 2003

Mounted to Eagle Talon Bucket Seats.

Talon seats can be found in the following vehicles (exactly the same seat with minor styling & upholstery differences, and of course the trucks and earlier cars had "low back" seats vs the "high back" seats found in some other cars)

1979 - 1993 Dodge D50 & Plymouth Arrow
1989 - 2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse
1990 - 1994 Plymouth Laser
1989 - 1998 Eagle Talon
1982 - 1989 Mitsubishi Starion
1982 - 1989 Chrysler Conquest

Plus half a million other Chrysler/Eagle/Plymouth/Mitsubishi cars & trucks that were built on Mitsu platforms. They used the same seat frame from the 1970's to Present. The most common being the Eagle Talon/Plymouth Laser/Mitsubishi Eclipse. The junkyards are polluted with those, from kids trashing the turbo engine and then junking the car.

Talon seats can be found in the following vehicles (exactly the same seat with minor styling & upholstery differences, and of course the trucks and earlier cars had "low back" seats vs the "high back" seats found in some other cars)

1989 - 1998 Eagle Talon

Plus half a million other Chrysler/Eagle/Plymouth/Mitsubishi cars & trucks that were built on Mitsu platforms. They used the same seat frame from the 1970's to Present. The most common being the Eagle Talon/Plymouth Laser/Mitsubishi Eclipse. The junkyards are polluted with those, from kids trashing the turbo engine and then junking the car.

Thanks man......I have a pair of Eagle Talon buckets for my Dart Sport....I'll have to try these out!

1989 - 1998 Eagle Talon

See that's the info that's never given half the time. The builder is like im not sure exactly what they came from. Glad to get the info. I am still debating what buckets will get stuck in my swinger

See that's the info that's never given half the time. The builder is like im not sure exactly what they came from. Glad to get the info. I am still debating what buckets will get stuck in my swinger

Sorry, I should have mentioned the years earlier

I'm not 100% sure on the years of the Exploder tracks interchange. I just remember pulling them from a mid 90's Explorer. So I looked online to see what years/generations of the exploder there were to post them.

If I remember correctly, I also had to drill 1 hole in each track, because they didn't line up with the holes in the seat frames (I want to say it was the rear bolt holes for the track to seat bolts).

I'd check them to see and give pics, but I sold the seats & tracks about 6 years ago to a customer who saw them installed in my '74 Duster and he wanted them for his Swinger. I'll be doing this install again (on my '73 Duster, the original buckets feel like sitting on concrete) using a pair of High Back Talon buckets, so I'll document everything this time around.

-
Back