? on 71 Duster 340 hood blackout

-

Roughrdr

Concrete sailor
Reaction score
from a topic I posted elsewhere.

On my 71 340 Duster I am needing some clarification on the the hood black out. I have seen examples of ones that have just the hood done, and others where it is on the fenders as well. While not a numbers or 100% correct person, I am guessing just the hood needs the treatment, correct? Also, I have seen both textured and just flat black, which is it supposed to be?

I have never gotten the chance to see an all original/correct resto so I may have a few more questions as I get further into this.

Mike

RobX4406
The correct hood treatment is textured, running along the tops of fenders, door and into the side window loop area.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=43114

On the textured paint, what is the name of the stuff they originally used, name escapes me at the moment and what is a suitable replacement?

Also, any ideas on how this will effect the wedge decal I also need to reapply to the hood.

for the paint take a look at my pics in profile original was organisil (sp) i believe it was a light textured paint but u can use a hot rod blk or satin wut ever really suits u

-
Back