On the hill detoxify day 17

-
Congrats, i'm on week 11 [i call refraining from smoking don't consider it quitting till i make it a year] quit cold turkey no drugs,patches ect. urges are not as bad as day one but i have to keep myself busy to not think about it folks smoking around me don't bother me [unless the prick blows smoke directly in my face] and i quit drinkin years ago thank god cause nothin better than a smoke and a beer don't think i could do it if i still drank. Stick with it your body will be pleased with this decision.

We're praying for you Mike, and we have great faith that your willpower can carry you through the harder times and help smooth out your transition to the smoke free life. We need our Memike healthy and happy!!! Geof and Nella

way to go mike i kicked cigs 16 years ago cold turkey on valentines day thats what my kids wanted that day so i did,and being diabetic for 1 and half i now only have a drink once in a while usally a bloody mary with good tequilla its more healty so good luck.

My wife quit Mike. Smoke free for 7yrs.
Heres how she did it.
1. You have to want to do it.
2.From the doctor....Welbutrin (sp?) and a patch.
The welbutrin keeps you from freaking out, and the patch weans you off nicotine.
Drink alot of water, and sleep alot. Cant smoke when your sleeping. Lol
Eventually that craving will go away... !!!!!!
Not only that, think of all the $ you will save Mike......:cheers:
JD
Yes JD You have to want to and I am there with the want to :glasses7:
I have been heavy hydrated and staying strong

You will be better for it Mike. Hang in there.
Thank you and x2 I will be :D

Over 2 1/2 years for me now and I had smoked over 2 packs a day in the end.
Didn't you quit smoking here Congratulations :cheers:, You will be at five years when I can say that :coffee2:

Good for you Mike!! I started back up, but getting close to the quitting point again. Someone...I think Tony F told me that when you get the urge, take in a deep breath as much as you can and hold it for as long as you can.....dunno if he was wanting me to pass out or what..LOL, but it does work. Hey..by the way is that an Aloe Vera plant?? And when its "ready" do you drink it??
Drank it down this morning about 9am after my raison brand, can't taste it because it's child in the fridge all night together with water. Aloe Vera is a free radical chaser in my system and removes inflammation every where.
That deep breath was to open up lung area to remind you what feels like to enjoy oxygen and wake up your brain to you objective :glasses7:

It's EASY to quit. Heck, I did it DOZENS of times! :cheers:Same here :D

Congrats, it gets easier each day. Pretty soon the urge to smoke fades and the "I can breathe" feeling gets stronger. Just be careful not to substitute snacking for smoking. Ask me how I know... (14 years, 11 days tobacco free and counting).
After 40 didn't we all get hungry :D The urge and reflect is there, But so is my want to quit to move it aside in my life Thank you

Congrats, i'm on week 11 [i call refraining from smoking don't consider it quitting till i make it a year] quit cold turkey no drugs,patches ect. urges are not as bad as day one but i have to keep myself busy to not think about it folks smoking around me don't bother me [unless the prick blows smoke directly in my face] and i quit drinkin years ago thank god cause nothin better than a smoke and a beer don't think i could do it if i still drank. Stick with it your body will be pleased with this decision.
I will refrain back to you in a year :glasses7: A good way to look at it :coffee2:

We're praying for you Mike, and we have great faith that your willpower can carry you through the harder times and help smooth out your transition to the smoke free life. We need our Memike healthy and happy!!! Geof and Nella
They must be getting herd because Treva is so surprised with my change Geof, I have Nella's prayers and your families is why this has been so easy. :angel1:

way to go mike i kicked cigs 16 years ago cold turkey on valentines day thats what my kids wanted that day so i did,and being diabetic for 1 and half i now only have a drink once in a while usally a bloody mary with good tequilla its more healty so good luck.
Thank you, it won't be because of luck :glasses7:

Well MeMike,I,m still trying to quit...kinda slipped.I,ve had 2 packs since Jan.1/2012.Were as I smoked over a pack a day(so it,s a good start)It,s now tuesday morning(just home from work)and I haven,t had a cig since friday.I have the patch on 24/7 and I,m on my way to being a smoke-free Mopar nut LOL.The only smoking around here,will be from the tires on my cars :burnout:
Congrats to you,now it,s Treva,s turn :prayer:

Good deal Mike....:cheers:.. I quit a number of years ago, long enough I don't remember. I hear people say they are going to quit, and I say to them YOU have to really deep down inside want to quit ......not just ...ya, I wanna quit.
When I decided I was going to quit, it was my decision, my own personal challenge. I tripped a few times and I was mad at myself every time. Sometimes I would still smoke if I had a beer with the guys, and then not smoke for weeks or months then go out and smoke again.....:banghead:.. after a while I just knew I could go with out smoking no matter what I was doing.

Every day put in a jar the money for what it would have cost to smoke that day and mark the jar Monster Mopar Weekend !!! :D

It's one of the best things I ever did for myself. :glasses7:

And I pray for God to take away your urge to smoke [-o<

Congrats Memike!!!!! we are all pulling for you. As a non smoker but spouse of a smoker I do know it is a tough journey brother but the results are worth it. Outside of maybe 3-4 cigars during the Mopar Nationals while walking Brice Road in the past and Heath recently that is all I ever smoke.(they go well with the rum and coke) Stay strong brother!
Your Friend,
holmes

Attachments

• my duster at mmw.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 124
Well MeMike,I,m still trying to quit...kinda slipped.I,ve had 2 packs since Jan.1/2012.Were as I smoked over a pack a day(so it,s a good start)It,s now tuesday morning(just home from work)and I haven,t had a cig since friday.I have the patch on 24/7 and I,m on my way to being a smoke-free Mopar nut LOL.The only smoking around here,will be from the tires on my cars :burnout:
Congrats to you,now it,s Treva,s turn :prayer:
This is great news :cheers: I knew you was on the bath to quit those cigs and sounds like you are getting it out of your system like a calf being winged from Mommas ta,ta milk :D Treva has been great :glasses7: She don't smoke in the house when she gets up to go to work and I am up before her washing her ash tray out that she used the night before, I hit the hay about 10:30pm and she stays up most the time till midnight.. I enjoy Tang, You know!! the drink they took to the moon back in the day :D Nothing better then a cup or 2 of hot Tang :coffee2: to keep the taste buds clean and put vitamin C back in me, My pillow was soaking wet again this morning.

Good deal Mike....:cheers:.. I quit a number of years ago, long enough I don't remember. I hear people say they are going to quit, and I say to them YOU have to really deep down inside want to quit ......not just ...ya, I wanna quit.
When I decided I was going to quit, it was my decision, my own personal challenge. I tripped a few times and I was mad at myself every time. Sometimes I would still smoke if I had a beer with the guys, and then not smoke for weeks or months then go out and smoke again.....:banghead:.. after a while I just knew I could go with out smoking no matter what I was doing. Creed and I was at my friends shop from 4pm to about 8:30 watching Creed change out the chunk in his 50 model ford and My friend and I had about 4 beers each and a shot of Tequila from the freezer, He quit about 10 years ago and he is so proud for me and it's friends and family like that that keeps me on course that I do not ever want to smoke.....

Every day put in a jar the money for what it would have cost to smoke that day and mark the jar Monster Mopar Weekend !!! :D

It's one of the best things I ever did for myself. :glasses7:

And I pray for God to take away your urge to smoke [-o<
Thank you for the prayers 72Demon :glasses7: Creed and I was at my friends shop from 4pm to about 8:30 watching Creed change out the chunk in his 50 model ford and My friend and I had about 4 beers each and a shot of Tequila from the freezer, He quit about 10 years ago and he is so proud for me and it's friends and family like that that keeps me on course that I do not ever want to smoke..... I have saved about $70 dollars but that went toward Creeds new chunk for his 9 inch furd, But that is a good thing :D

I've had problems with the patch.

I can't keep 'em lit.
lmao :D good morning :cheers:

Congrats Memike!!!!! we are all pulling for you. As a non smoker but spouse of a smoker I do know it is a tough journey brother but the results are worth it. Outside of maybe 3-4 cigars during the Mopar Nationals while walking Brice Road in the past and Heath recently that is all I ever smoke.(they go well with the rum and coke) Stay strong brother!
Your Friend,
holmes
Thank you holmes, I am looking forward to a strong spring this year and hopping and praying my wife and son follows my lead on this, They said they would quit and have cut way down..... They have to looks real hard to find an ash tray when they come in the house now :D
My windows are open here on the hill, 61 degrees today :cheers:
I am Staying Strong My Friend :cheers: Thank you :glasses7:

Not at all surprised Mike that you are succeeding at this. It's all about believing in yourself even though all the advertising tries to brainwash us into believing we can't do it....at least not without handing over our money for patches, gum, and pills.

I bet your family will follow your lead when they see up close how much better life is without cigs.

Not at all surprised Mike that you are succeeding at this. It's all about believing in yourself even though all the advertising tries to brainwash us into believing we can't do it....at least not without handing over our money for patches, gum, and pills.

I bet your family will follow your lead when they see up close how much better life is without cigs.

Thank you for your support and confidence you have in me :D Yes I am sure they will because my cottage on the hill will soon be a smoke free cottage by the order of me Mike the man that makes the rules when treva lets me lol

I forgot to mention that when I jumped in Victoria to drive to my friends shop last night the tobacco smell is gone :cheers: when I did the widows it helped but not completely so a soft bathing brush on the front and rear seat did the trick along with this air freshener Mtnemo sent me along with his great new realest CD, Thank you Billy :cheers: He is the real thing goldfish :cheers:

Attachments

• New shop build 015.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 118
You the man Memike,keep on trucking.

Will do my Canadian friend :cheers:

I wonder what this would taste like dried and rolled up like a cigar :D:D

My other hobby I tinker with :D

Attachments

• New shop build 053.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 104
Congrats and all the best for you Memike. 11 weeks is a great start. Not many get that far. My wife and i are planning on doing it this Monday..Quit date. I quit for 6 months awhile ago and dam...Let my guard down. You can do it, like we all can..Its a matter of how BAD you want to. I only went 6 months but there were a few bad days....Hang in there...Remember. if things get tough and you do ..you know...dont beat your self up.......just continue on what your doing.My wife and i are both going on the patch and using the new smaoke free cigs. Its working great for a few friends, they were only on the patch for a month or so and now off it. They occasionally use there electronic smokes from time to time but thas it.....All the best Edd

Thank you Edd, Staying the course my friend, I just filled my belly with a cup of hot Tang orange drink and a plate of last nights spaghetti and I have a late night of APA Pool league tonight 9 ball, They are supportive and a couple of them say how the hell do you do it, you walk in this barr/pool room with smokers and you just walk around with a cold beer in your hand!!!! I say because I want to, and you would not believe what it looks like to see people smoking.
Just like my new hobby in life moving forward and playing pool to be the best I can these smokes are just in my way.
Here is to 2012 Edd, I will raise one to all the new none smokers tonight about 6:15 .

I love plantsssssss to but not that one .
Time for a # ain't it :glasses7: That plant won't do me any good for another 7 years Snake :coffee2: I could eat an avocado every day, But at about $1.50 each that would turn into a expensive enjoyment :D

Good for you Mike!
Thank you Joe, Creed is on board now and said he has been smoking on the same pack since Sunday morning :icon_smi: I looked in his pack and there was 5 in it, the next pack I see I will mark it on the bottom :D:D
Our 9 pall team won last night and I had about 3 people walk over and ask me for a light (witch I did not have) and they said I herd you quit I was just checking :D I can smell the smoke on my shirt I had on last night.
Staying the course brother so no need for a pocket on any T-shirt :coffee2:

Glad to hear your staying on coarse Mike! I use that pocket on my tee's for my reading glasses. When they use to be able to smoke in the bowling alley here I'd come home from bowling and couldn't believe how bad my cloths stunk like smoke.

Keep up the good fight Brother!

Glad to hear your staying on coarse Mike! I use that pocket on my tee's for my reading glasses. When they use to be able to smoke in the bowling alley here I'd come home from bowling and couldn't believe how bad my cloths stunk like smoke.

Keep up the good fight Brother!
Will do Stan and thank you :cheers:
I woke up this morning to a cigarette smelling house :protest: I seen that Treva stayed up late and smoked a few while on the computer and possibly smoked one this morning while getting ready for work, windows are open and three candles burning now, I am planning on a walk about 11am this morning and get some fresh air and move some blood threw my mussels :cheers:
The sun is shinning and I think it will be about 50 degrees outside by 11 am.
I will take my camera with me :glasses7:

formatted my camera this morning just for this occasion :D
I get plenty of vitamin D because I enjoy scrambled egg sandwiches at least 3 times a week :D

Attachments

• New shop build.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 69
Having you been having unusual dreams? I did including dreams where I smoked, would wake up still in a fog thinking I really had smoked til I realized it was only a dream....

Having you been having unusual dreams? I did including dreams where I smoked, would wake up still in a fog thinking I really had smoked til I realized it was only a dream....

Treva said I have been talking in my sleep more, My dreams I have enjoyed:D and want to go back to sleep to continue them :D in a barn with an old girl friend and wake up before any action :D Yes more dreaming for sure.
I just got back from a night of playing music and YES!! I have a buzz going
Beer and Tequila and making music :cheers: A couple old friends was so surprised to see I have quite :blob: I just got back and my house smells like an ash tray..... But so did the music room, 9 people and only three smokers
there, all my age and older and a couple young guns :cheers:
I will sleep good tonight after this big bowl of chicken noodle soup and crackers :D I hope I get back to my dream I had going and see if I can get me some loving from her :D

-
Back