On this day (Memorial Day)

-

stansblue72

one of one 1953 ME!
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I would like to remember a few faded away and one Killed in action veterans.

My two Uncles who served in Korea and both passed from lung cancer:
Chuck and Elroy Strid.
My Father in law Richard Dudgeon who served in WW2 and passed at the age of 86.

And a local kid whose name is on the wall and was my brother in laws best friend in school by the name of Kevin Forkkum.

May they all rest in peace.

Add any names you wish to.

Thanks, I would like to add my Dad who worked salvaging B-24s in the field and my Uncle Eddie who was killed in action on a hill in Italy in 1944.

My friend Mark Wells who lost his life early last year from an IED he was working on. RIP my brother

I'd like to add my father, Robert Lee Merritt, Jr. to the list as well. He served aboard the USS Hilbert, DE742 from 1943 to 1946. She saw quite a bit of action and he was aboard for every bit. I miss you, Daddy.

A picture of her and a list of her accomplishments. http://www.usshilbert.org/

Daddy said she was tied off to the USS Missouri in that photograph. She was passing mail and supplies.

My dad Raul H. Riveiro who fought in WWII and served in the Army from April 4 1942 til May 6 1945. And passed away Jan 7 2010 from an enemy he couldn't beat Alzheimers!

My Step Grandfather. US Army James Clifford Phillips WWII 94th Infantry. Alzheimers.

My ReaL Grandfather USMC Robert Lee Sims WWII Heart Attack in 1959 2 years before I was born.

My Farther in Law US Army Floyd Stuart WWII Several diseases.

May all of you Rest in Peace and Thank You for Keeping us free.

Thank You Stan for this Thread

My father served at the end of WWII and my uncle served in Korea.
My father died in 1987, and my uncle in 2009.
Both were great men - Old School.

I would thank everyone of them for what they did for our country. One day I will have that opportunity and I will salute each and every one for what they accomplished for this great nation. If not for their sacrifice I would have nothing to protect today. And for that I am thankful.

Thank you Stan for inviting us to add names to this thread. My great-uncles, Don Chilton and Harry Chilton, who were serving at Pearl Harbor when Japan attacked. Both lived long and productive lives and passed away not long ago, and are dearly missed. I never heard them speak about that day.

My uncle Jim, MIA for nearly 50 years. Finally was returned to the states in 1993 for proper burial at Arlington. KIA in Arnhem, Holland. WWII, 82nd AB.. Fought at Anzio and other places as well. He was my Dad's youngest brother. Dad just turned 90 and served in the Phillipines. Uncle Glen fought in Germany, survived to come home. Cancer got him in the late 80's. God bless all of our vets and thanks Stan.

Mike and Greg, school mates who died in VN.

Oh I too forgot to say Thank You Stan for one of the most meaningful threads that has ever been started here. And thanks for letting us post our loved ones here.God Bless everyone that served and died to protect our FREEDOM!

My Dad, Donald W Hudson who served in WWII, Korea and VietNam died of a heart attack in 84.

Thanks to all who responded, I'm not to proud to say it brought a tear to my eyes to read your responses.
So many of our WW2 vets are losing their battle with time, what a great bunch they where and are.

And to read about you who where in Viet Nam and seen the sacrifices that took place there and those who lost folks there, you have my deepest respect.

I would like to thanks each and everyone of our Veterans for the freedom we have today!!!!! Also for the men and women who are presently serving to protect us and have to honor a president who has his head up his *** and deserves NO honor at all. Also my uncle Lester Senflaben who served in WW2 and would not discuss ANY thing that happened over there with no-one not even on his death bed to his children!!!Kept it all inside but was a great Uncle and was like a grand dad to me!!! GOD BLESS THE U.S.A !!!!!!!!

My Dad, Corporal James Chandler WWII 6 years of service South Pacific theater. 28 years of service to other veterans after the war. RIP

Private Gilbert Bell Jr. KIA Vietnam 1964

Thanks to all who responded, I'm not to proud to say it brought a tear to my eyes to read your responses.

No shame there Stan.

So many of our WW2 vets are losing their battle with time, what a great bunch they where and are.

We are losing them at the rate of 1500 a day.

And to read about you who where in Viet Nam and seen the sacrifices that took place there and those who lost folks there, you have my deepest respect.

I would like to say thanks to each and every Serviceman and Woman

-
Back