One for the rich small block guys.

-
But Chevy's had a 632 out 25 or more years. Who got there first? Nevermind. We know who
Yep. Chevies 632 is 1000 hp for 40k
Blueprints' 632 is 800+, and less than 20k, with a warrantee.
And it would get my shitbox deep into the eights.
And if I need 1200, there's always a $1000 nitrous kit.....

No-brainer, imo.

But Chevy's had a 632 out 25 or more years. Who got there first? Nevermind. We know who.
Disagree. The Chevy 632 is pretty new. Their badass crate motors were 572s, for a couple decades. And way overpriced compared to Blueprint for all that time.
I'm NOT saying that nobody built 632s till recently, only that the CHEVY 1000HP 632 is recent.

Disagree. The Chevy 632 is pretty new. Their badass crate motors were 572s, for a couple decades. And way overpriced compared to Blueprint for all that time.
I'm NOT saying that nobody built 632s till recently, only that the CHEVY 1000HP 632 is recent.
That's good, because we have a local machine shop that started doing them about 1995 or so. It did take a bit longer for the mainstream crate companies and GM to catch on.

What would it cost to build one like it I wonder? It's a lot of money, yeah, but this ain't a cheap hobby.
I agree but we're talking $60,000, kind of something like those guys did when they threw NASCAR / p7 or greater in back in the 90's.
It's sad 15,000 grand can't snatch a 1000 na hp, really sad. We can just turbo the old ****, 440 for instance , and be ahead money wise... and then buy $$$$ Billet main shafts and planetary..and front drums and on n on n on... like you would do anyways with the 60k motor.
Shouldn't cost over 15-20k .. but really the $$$$ is only there to separate classes of enthusiasts... just like the 20k watch, the designer shirt that costs 200 bucks.. and some other **** I read heard the other day.

I agree but we're talking $60,000, kind of something like those guys did when they threw NASCAR / p7 or greater in back in the 90's.
It's sad 15,000 grand can't snatch a 1000 na hp, really sad. We can just turbo the old ****, 440 for instance , and be ahead money wise... and then buy $$$$ Billet main shafts and planetary..and front drums and on n on n on... like you would do anyways with the 60k motor.
Shouldn't cost over 15-20k .. but really the $$$$ is only there to separate classes of enthusiasts... just like the 20k watch, the designer shirt that costs 200 bucks.. and some other **** I read heard the other day.
But 15 grand CAN buy (or build ) 1000 hp, pretty easily, if you are willing to use a power adder.Several different new motors and a few old ones can make 1000hp and live.... as long as the power adder doesn't push the crank out the bottom. Tuning, tuning, tuning!
Frankly, I'm old. I only need about 600 crank hp to be where I wanna be. That can be done N/A pretty easily nowadays.

1000hp NA how many Mopar heads are putting out 450-500 cfm+ ?

I mean, with some reasonable upgrades you could take a stockish hemi to 1500 with a nice turbo setup. You wouldn't need to spend 10k.

Usually guys have to do a lot of upgrades for those numbers if it’s used
Problem with turbos easy to build a lot of power relatively cheap and not have the rest of the drivetrain up to the task.

Problem with turbos easy to build a lot of power relatively cheap and not have the rest of the drivetrain up to the task.
I mean, That's gonna be the same either way.

Usually guys have to do a lot of upgrades for those numbers if it’s used
I bet a hemi short block with forged pistons and aftermarket rods would hold up just fine for a long time with the right tune at 1500 hp

It's kool you can buy a 1500 hp engine from Mopar but no thanks at $60,000.
Probably be almost double that for us Canadians :)
×1.4 on the exchange rate plus on the shipping. Then who knows what the customs thieves may assess to pay for the left dishonourable prime peckerhead of Canada, daesh dustbin turdo's uncontrolled spending habits to enable graft back to his filthy pockets.

×1.4 on the exchange rate plus on the shipping. Then who knows what the customs thieves may assess to pay for the left dishonourable prime peckerhead of Canada, daesh dustbin turdo's uncontrolled spending habits to enable graft back to his filthy pockets.
yep it's sad how much more we have to pay to cross the border. it's double by the time it's all figured out

My friends 1500hp pro charged small block Mopar was $80k Canadian....so it's not out of line....

-
Back