One Inch of Snow and School for Tomorrow is Canceled

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
We had a small snowstorm blow through today. We got 1 inch total. It’s been so warm the last several days, but nothing really stuck to the streets or the driveways. And the idiots that run the local school boards have already closed down every school within 50 miles of here for tomorrow. That is beyond ridiculous. Need I tell you what it took to get school canceled 60 years ago when I was a kid?

We had a small snowstorm blow through today. We got 1 inch total. It’s been so warm the last several days, but nothing really stuck to the streets or the driveways. And the idiots that run the local school boards have already closed down every school within 50 miles of here for tomorrow. That is beyond ridiculous. Need I tell you what it took to get school canceled 60 years ago when I was a kid?
The bus driver's probably can't drive in the snow. The state should penalize them for closing school due to little to no snow.

We’re supposed to get 4” tomorrow and school is NOT closed. But: We home school. We take nice days off. What the public school closes for anymore is a joke, just like the level of education they’re putting out these days.

1704766973159.jpeg

The bus driver's probably can't drive in the snow. The state should penalize them for closing school due to little to no snow.
I believe they do if they don’t make it up somehow. Every state is different.

I had to walk to school in the snow. Well I had to walk to school every day, it was only 3 blocks away :lol: . Keep in mind this occurred in San Diego County, it was only a 30 minute walk to the beach from the house :lol: What a mess that day was :lol: I built a mini snowman and put it in the freezer to show my dad when he got home from work so he would believe me :lol:

Why is this even a thing? Everybody bitches about it.... back in my day I was so tough blah blah blah.... how does it affect you?

Me niece had to stop and put chains on for the first time last winter to get through a highway pass. Called us a few minutes after to ask what she's doing wrong since the car was shaking so bad above 50 and dangerous at 60+ and that she'd already stopped several times to make sure she put them on right.
I laughed and asked what the package or manual said about max speed?
-35mph on snow, 25 dry.
But at least she figured it out, and stopped before she flung a chain thru the fender!

Around here they close schools with just a slight chance of snow...really it's unreal

Me niece had to stop and put chains on for the first time last winter to get through a highway pass. Called us a few minutes after to ask what she's doing wrong since the car was shaking so bad above 50 and dangerous at 60+ and that she'd already stopped several times to make sure she put them on right.
I laughed and asked what the package or manual said about max speed?
-35mph on snow, 25 dry.
But at least she figured it out, and stopped before she flung a chain thru the fender!
Fixed a few of them in the old days. Before 4WD was so prevalent. Happens at low speed too.

They cancelled schools around here on the mere THREAT of severe weather tomorrow morning.

-
Back