One of our fellow FBBO members posted this response about E body prices...

-

OldmanRick

Reaction score
In particular, about this CL roller add being priced too steep...http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/cto/4977824919.html

"Just the opposite, they've deflated... a lot. They were way overpriced for decades to begin with, and they've taken the biggest hits since 2009 or so. A roller Challenger is worth about $1,500 tops in good shape. Lots of rust, about $750. A complete small block project car should be around $3-$5k depending on condition.
A lot of these Challengers I'm seeing coming out of the woodwork really need to go to the crusher as there's no more money in restoring them."

I wonder what you guys thoughts are about this??? If this is true, are the Valuable A bodies far behind...

Everybody wants to buy low and sell high but $1500 rollers areway too cheaply priced. The nice barn finds are getting hard to find and now that AMD and places like that make nice replacement panels and most parts are repopped, the 70 and 71 E bodies are still bringing good money. Attitudes like that spoil the market just as Barrett Jackson attitudes spoil the market on the other end of the scale.

He may have been a little early with his assessment, but the original buyers of these cars are approaching 65/70yrs old. How many of our kids/grandkids will be willing to keep shelling out the "big bucks" for them?

Hopefully @ 56yrs old, I'll live long enough, and maintain enough funds, to one day fill my yard with a ton of these cars at a reasonable price? :D

Hell you can't buy a rust free / min rust A body roller for 1500!!! 'Least not a 2 door or HT

I wonder if he knows that a ultra rare Cuda sold for 3.5 million a few months ago- The highest ever recorded

there are quite a few rollers local to me ...usually 2k and up. right now there is a 70 challenger roller and they want 3500. for it. Problem is that is that its a roller and by the time someone figures what its going to take to fix it....its going to be sitting for a lot longer than it already has.

It needs to go to a rich person or someone who just happens to have a lot of parts for it. If your starting out with nothing but the roller, there is a lot of truth in what was said in the OP. I know 70 cuda grilles are still getting 1k + and that's just a grille. Rollers are just rollers.

He's just spouting off and pissed about prices on doing any body work.

I think prices are still good. I got 5k for my '73 340 a few months back. However it was all numbers matching but it had a bunch I mean a bunch of rust. I still don't think a lot of young generation have much interest in these cars. I had 5 now down to two. My son he now's what they all are, but could care less.

Hopefully @ 56yrs old, I'll live long enough, and maintain enough funds, to one day fill my yard with a ton of these cars at a reasonable price? :D

Can I buy an ounce of what you're smoking???

[ame]https://youtu.be/ip5e9NUvX6A[/ame]

-
Back