one piece front end

-

OUTLAW

Master of All Mopars
Reaction score
Saturday morning I went up to Minnesota and picked up my new one piece front end. And was impressed with the quality of the piece. The fiberglass was pretty nice with the uniformity of the glass- very even thickness everywhere. Also all the corners and curves were very nice and smooth. There were 2 blemished in the glass that were very minor and easy to fix. Now for the one bad thing .... the grill cutouts were hand cut and cut wrong. Fortuneatly they were also cut too small so repairing them will be easy enuff. I will post some pics as soon as the battery in my camera charges up

Attachments

• mini-P1010009.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 255
  • mini-P1010010.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 232
  • mini-P1010011.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 218
  • mini-P1010012.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 226
  • mini-P1010013.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 215
  • mini-P1010014.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 227
thats the same nose that came with mine.the original owner/builder had a one piece welded tilt nose.the second owner bought it without the nose and bought the same brand you have . he let it sit to long with no support, and it cured with the center sagging . i ended up putting a VFN piece on.the VFN unit is cast off of a complete nose with grills and lights. i cut out what i needed and cut up some weathered grills that came with the car and installed them from the rear,made brackets and installed wrangler(96-02)headlight assemblies.i've got to blend in the grills and since the trim is molded in,it will get taped off and chrome painted ,same with the front bumper. good luck fellow tilt nose owner

Attachments

• 20141020_193114.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 222
  • 20140511_160504.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 20130918_203148.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 217
don't know buit I think someone in the twin cities cast it and I was told it was from re worked molds MAS used . Much better than anything MAS put out and a damn site cheaper too!

don't know buit I think someone in the twin cities cast it and I was told it was from re worked molds MAS used . Much better than anything MAS put out and a damn site cheaper too!

That's what I was hoping to hear. Good luck,& THANKS!

I'll know more about the accurracy of the mold today as I re make my tilt mechanism and start to align my seams.

Update:

okay now here comes the facts... front end was pulled from the mold too soon in my opinion as the cowl area sagged and the right fender bottom was twisted and too far in (like it sat on the ground before it was fully cured). I can not get the seams to match my body lines worth a damn. The quality of the fiberglass itself is top notch, well finished on the inside and consistant thickness, but the mold still needs some work.

I will post some pics when I get this thing close to fitting. At this point my steel front end with homemade fiberglass hood was a better fit

Oh ,this looks really familiar...I bent some tube aluminum to match the cowl arch, was gonna channel that strip of glass that runs from side to side under the cowl end of the hood and glass it in but found the warpage runs all the way to the hood peak. prepare for a lot of upsetting cracking noises. i guess whoever made these expected them to move quick so storage wasn't a thought. i cut out and saved the hood .might make a decent stock looking pin on piece. again,good luck

-
Back