one piece oil pan gasket for 360

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Ok
I ordered up a one piece oil pan gasket for my 360.
It looks like a great gasket. My question is to anyone that has experience with them. what exactly do I need to do to install this. Is ANY sealer used anywhere on this? like maybe around the crank areas on front and back?
I hope this cures my leaks, and I want to make sure its done right so I dont have to do this again.....you all can agree to that I am sure.
Will be taking this on it a day or two.. any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

-RPM

Just had a parts guy from another board recomend it. He used it on his s/b engine and loves it. I never knew they exsited.

ok... i put one of those on I ordered from mancini...

pay close attention to the area where the oil pan, timing cover and block meet, its desinged for magnums< if its the same as mine, and leaked oil BAD - the oil pans aroung the timing cover radius, around the crank, is different, it has different " steps" in it and leaves 2 holes on eother side of the pan in that area, and revving it up SQUIRTS oil out all over...

here is a pix of where i am talking about

i dont know if you got the same oil pan gasket, but do look around that area before insstaling it!

see where the TITS would go on the 4 piece gasket? in that area...
DSCN4237.JPG

thanks for the input.
the gasket I received from Summit racing.
It states it is for early LA style 360 motors, but I will check that out.

FOR 1970-1991 360 MOTORS
SCE ACCUSEAL (1) PC MOLDED GASKET
SUMMIT PART # SCE-269091

any other input?

thanks

-RPM

thats what mine said on the packaging, but was clearly designed for magnums, as they have different steps inthe pans...

hope it helps someone not go thru the oil leak I had to go thru...lol

maybe i found the answer.......I located the instruction sheet in the box and it says to apply silicone to what I think is the areas you are talking about.
So maybe that is the answer. Did you seal yours up or get rid of it and go back to the multi-piece? Was that the only problem area you had.??

-RPM

I ordered one when I built my 360. When I was mocking it up I dont know what it was but something kinda creeped me out with that one peice so I just went with the stock gaskets. I have never had a problem with the stock gaskets and a little bit of gasket maker.
The one peice is still sitting in my toolbox collecting dust.

yes, I siliconed the " tabs" and all is well...

Get the SCE one piece gasket, I've talked to racers that used it and they liked it. I ordered one through summit and it took 2 months to get it because it was on backorder from the company. January 2001 'High Performance Mopar' article they rebuilt a 360 using an SCE and it held well.

yes, the SCE is the one I have.
Will go to work on it soon and see.

thanks.

-RPM

-
Back