Only 15 Pro Stock cars at Mile high!

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe that they only had 15 cars show up in Pro Stock! I guess that is why the seeping changes in the class coming up. Can you believe no hood scoops!! Fuel injection!! And of all things a 10,500 rev limit? I guess they are trying to revive interest in the class. But for the 9th time AJ qualified #1.

F.I.? That's new to me... Don't watch NHRA national events,much anymore. PSCA/doorslammer racing is what I like best anymore.(the "street radial " classes ,too...)

Driver interviews so far Greg Anderson not happy Larry Morgan happy. Anderson most unhappy with rev limiter which I can understand. Says it's going to cost a LOT of money to change.In the long run if it helps get the car count up I will be happy cause Pro Stock is the only Pro class I give a crap about.

15 cars has been the norm for a long time,drivers like Anderson and morgan is old school guys,and don't accept changes easy,but its something that needs tobe done to keep up with the times and bring more teams in,efi and turbos are needed

Remember S/S class limitations, led to Pro Stock class led by top S/S racers... Time for a different class,again? (Or another sanctioning body?...)I really can't see the high end of NHRA P/S class, dealing with more silliness.

it was coming,they said it long time ago

Attachments

• 11694057_10206119759505188_3435007383537259196_n.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 349
and the problem with FI is??

None from me,Doug... Just curious how the better carb engine builders,will react. A question doesn't necessarily mean negative, here. More of a "how will they react?" thought, other than a " Geez,I hate it.." actual reaction.

I'd love for them to use the current COPO Camaros, Challenger Drag Pak cars, and Cobra Jet Mustangs in Pro Stock! Aren't they running in the 8s and 9s already? Then the cars would actually have a little bit of "stock."

I'd love for them to use the current COPO Camaros, Challenger Drag Pak cars, and Cobra Jet Mustangs in Pro Stock! Aren't they running in the 8s and 9s already? Then the cars would actually have a little bit of "stock."

Great Idea

Great Idea

already fast forward thru the funnycar(john force family fiasco) and top fuel. have lost interest in anything that doesn't resemble an American car. turbos and nitrous will do nothing but turn them into pro mod cars !

Why the mandatory change to F.I.?
And WTF is it with rev limiting?

and the problem with FI is??

Cost...they have hundred of thousands of dollars invested in intake manifolds..and carbs..and now they have to spend hundreds of thousands for R&D for intake manifolds for FI.....

the 10.5k rpm limit probably hurts Kb racing the most...

time will tell if it hurts or helps the class...

Cost...they have hundred of thousands of dollars invested in intake manifolds..and carbs..and now they have to spend hundreds of thousands for R&D for intake manifolds for FI.....

the 10.5k rpm limit probably hurts Kb racing the most...

time will tell if it hurts or helps the class...

And the big three 's supercharged options?.....@

Kind of brings Nascar to mind. Rev limits, Standard F.I. systems , no scoops? Kinda like restricter plates, Universal bodies! I understand trying to add new interest to P/S, but then there is over regulation by the sanctioning body. Whats next a standard body that manufactures ad their stickers to?

Funny car is the only place we can get a mopar appearing body at the top. hopefully this FI stuff will be the answer for the PS mopar camp

I think in the long run it will lead to better racing, car counts and actual manufacturer involvement in the class. Look at the changes in the nitro classes the last few years and the racing has been pretty good.They have been rev limiter racing since Scott Kallitta was killed. No problem with the fuel car performance this weekend! I like the rule that the teams have to back the cars into their pit space and make them more accessible to the fans! This weekend @ Bandimere it was hard to even get close to the cars. They might as well have security guards for the manifold / carb setups :banghead: Love the class but sad to see competitors leaving the series. Just announced this week that Rodger Brogdon has pulled the plug and sold off all his equipment to Elite Motorsports.

Dave, :coffee2:

The old guard leaders of NHRA got what they bred.Pro Stock Cars have been treated like red headed step children in the Pro ranks for years.ESPN'S Love affair with everything John Force made it worse along with showing very little of Pro Stock qualifying and round racing in place of showing each run in Top Fuel and Funny car 3 or 4 time's including many in "super slo-mo. Hopefully the new leaders along with a fresh TV package will concentrate more on Pro Stock and the "real" racers...the sportsman racers.

Driver interviews so far Greg Anderson not happy Larry Morgan happy. Anderson most unhappy with rev limiter which I can understand. Says it's going to cost a LOT of money to change.In the long run if it helps get the car count up I will be happy cause Pro Stock is the only Pro class I give a crap about.

That's because Anderson is a cry baby.

So you think the Funny cars look like the car you can test drive at a dealer?

He said appearing, which has nothing to do with your comoment or the way the car looks on the track or the showroom. And what a bummer that is!

That's because Anderson is a cry baby.

If anyone is crying its the guys in the Mopars,the new Camaro has been kicking butt since they brought it out..Morgan winning again today:D:D

-
Back