OPEC to cut production

-

1967DartGT

Reaction score
Just read an article that OPEC is going to slash oil production "to stem the dramatic collapse of oil prices". My guess is that gas prices will start increasing tomorrow so I just filled up all of my vehicles.

Yeah I heard that too! OPEC sucks! Just reaffirms the fact they are just a bunch of greedy aholes just like our oil companies. If they can't make a gazillion dollars ALL THE TIME in profit then they manipulate faucet to get what they feel they DESERVE!

What's the catch phrase???? Supply and demand. Demand is down so they cut the supply off!

What a great bunch a guys!!!!

Hopefully the US replenishes the reserves while demand is down.

Yup they cut production but the price is still falling and probably will for a while before it settles out. Don't worry tho, we'll still get screwed at the pumps for some bull **** reason like the moon is in the wrong phase and blocking Venus.

Terry

i think when it comes to oil companies and fuel prices its more Uranus that Venus tho...

This is actually a good thing, keeping prices somewhat high will of course hurt economically but its for the better. Keeping the price of oil up will continue the pressure for people to conserve and develop alternative energy technology. If we have oil and gas prices crash too far over the next year or so a lot of alternative energy companies that are struggling enough with the economy in general, credit crisis etc will fall flat on their faces. That sets us back a ways on the ultimate need for renewable/alternatives to liquid oil. I think oil fixed at around 100 dollars a barrel would be great for the time being. Long term its only going to get much much much more expensive as reserves are depleted and economies and thus demand continues to expand at exponential rates.

This is actually a good thing, keeping prices somewhat high will of course hurt economically but its for the better. Keeping the price of oil up will continue the pressure for people to conserve and develop alternative energy technology. If we have oil and gas prices crash too far over the next year or so a lot of alternative energy companies that are struggling enough with the economy in general, credit crisis etc will fall flat on their faces. That sets us back a ways on the ultimate need for renewable/alternatives to liquid oil. I think oil fixed at around 100 dollars a barrel would be great for the time being. Long term its only going to get much much much more expensive as reserves are depleted and economies and thus demand continues to expand at exponential rates.

Do you think they lower output, thus raising prices, to be environmentally conscious?? Or maybe to manipulate the market and create record profits......Oil has dropped 48% on a barrel and yet consumer pricing has dropped only 29.5%. Spells HUGE $$$...as in billions for the oil companies

I wish we would form an OFEC - an organization of FOOD exporting countries. Don't want to help us out; eat your f'n sand! The U.S. feeds an awful lot of the world, we feed a lot of folks who stab us in the back...
C

AMEN TO THAT! Pretty hard to pump $100.00 a barrel oil out of the ground on an empty stomach day after day! You want our food then I say let's make a deal!!!

The only problem with that is that the leaders of the western countries haven't got the balls to do it and they would say it's inhuman to starve them( But it's O.K. to bleed us dry):scratch:!! Go figure! I say do it, and see where it goes!!:protest:

The only problem with that is that the leaders of the western countries haven't got the balls to do it and they would say it's inhuman to starve them( But it's O.K. to bleed us dry):scratch:!! Go figure! I say do it, and see where it goes!!:protest:
I'm for it,and let them eat sand.

70Dart, you are exactly right that our leaders haven't the balls to do it. And the thing is, we wouldn't be starving them. Not unless they were starving us for oil. Now, who could outlast the other - I could walk further, I wonder how long they could last with no groceries?

I know it is not as simple as that, but still, I don't think we are using our heads up in D.C.
C

-
Back