Opinion needed:

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of re-finishing my air cleaner lid in carbon fiber. Aside from doing it, anyone know the rough dimensions of a 6 Bbl. air cleaner lid? I have carbon fiber inserts in my door panels and dash, I thought it might work with the air cleaner. Especially since most of the top half of the engine will be aluminum and a painted lid might look goofy.

C`mon guys, don't be shy. Wadda ya think?

onehellofadart said:
Chrome chrome chrome

Yeah.........me thinks chrome it is. This is what happens when you post @ 6:00am before the first cup of coffee. The carbon fiber wuz a baaaad idea.

BTW: I mocked the dash together last night. The white gauges look sweet :yawinkle:

FASTBACK340 said:
Yeah.........me thinks chrome it is. This is what happens when you post @ 6:00am before the first cup of coffee. The carbon fiber wuz a baaaad idea.

Glad to see you came to your senses. :salut:

chrome always look good and you can always put on one of these stickers for the stock look;)

ondskan4.JPG

valiantdave said:
I`m glad you swayed awat from the corbon fiber

I'm just trying to stay away from the same old-same old out there. Everythings starting to look too much alike. :scratch:

I think I'm going with the chrome 6 Bbl. lid. I also really like the way a set of fabricated sheet metal valve covers look, but at $200+ a set I think not. :sad1:

FASTBACK340 said:
I'm just trying to stay away from the same old-same old out there. Everythings starting to look too much alike. :scratch:

I think I'm going with the chrome 6 Bbl. lid. I also really like the way a set of fabricated sheet metal valve covers look, but at $200+ a set I think not. :sad1:
I hear you on the fabricated valve covers,I love the look just can`t afford the price tag.

valiantdave said:
I hear you on the fabricated valve covers,I love the look just can`t afford the price tag.

I'll second that. Although I have seen them for decant prices on ebay once and awhile. Just never when I have extra money.

-
Back