opinion on intakes?

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
painted or natural? I always liked the painted... i dont know why everyone

has a natural intake these days ( im sure a lot of guys dont, but you know what i mean) ... same goes for natural heads...:error:

what do you guys think about heads + intake? painted heads, cast intake;

natural everything? polished? let me know... but on a side note,

natural intake...:vom:

my 340 is all paint, even the offy 360. just easier to keep clean.IMHO.

Well ok then.....

If its an air gap style (open space under carb) I like natural.

If the intake is natural and I had aluminum heads, I would go natural with the heads too...

I would never go painted intake with unpainted aluminum heads...

If I had aluminum heads and a non air gap style intake I would go painted on everything with stock style valve covers.... I like stealth mode and the stock look...

Thats what I like...

I just like having contrasting colors on my engine. I think it makes it look more "built up" and snazzier. IMO when it's all one color it's more difficult to pick out all the interesting little intricacies and see which part's the intake, which parts are the heads, which parts are the headers, timing cover, etc. I don't like thinking of my engine as just one solid "unit" that sits in my engine bay.

I found its hard to keep the aluminum clean.I painted mine with the rebuild at the same time It looks stock that way.Just my 2 cents worth

I find it hard to keep the aluminum clean also. So far, I have been painting all of mine. On the first 318 the stock 4bbl intake is engine color.
On the other 318, it is painted silver. On the 340 I posted video of, it is engine color also.
I do have a used airgap I have not had on an engine yet. Maybe I will buff it and go natural with it.

th_DSCF0047.jpg
th_DSCF0098.jpg
th_DSCF0100.jpg

-
Back